lanyard?

This is our 1st cruise with NCL. I am bringing lanyards, as we have worn our room cards on them in our past cruises with RC and Carnival. Does NCL provide a lanyard, or are we able to hole punch the card? Anyone ever hole punch their card?

They all punch a hole. I always use a lanyard, NCL doesn't provide one. Even if you forget to bring , they are reasonably priced in the gift shop.

This is, sadly, a rather interesting thread. :o I had not given thought to the practicalities of the card(s). Both my wife and I wear lanyards for work, so can quite readily bring our own if need be. However, it suddenly made me think: do you get one card per person or one per stateroom?

We do bring our own Lanyards to show some indivdual taste, Basic for me, NHL for DH and Marvel for DS. Nice to have a little fun with something. Instead of punching a hole, I grab a few of the plastic Badge holders with Ziploc closures to put my card in. This also allows someplace to stash a couple of bucks as well when I don't have pockets. So far no problems! Sailing in a week! :D

Everyone gets a card, even children. You need ID to get back on the ship. Each card is linked to the rooms credit card or you can have several credit cards to room or each person in room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do bring our own Lanyards to show some indivdual taste, Basic for me, NHL for DH and Marvel for DS. Nice to have a little fun with something. Instead of punching a hole, I grab a few of the plastic Badge holders with Ziploc closures to put my card in. This also allows someplace to stash a couple of bucks as well when I don't have pockets. So far no problems! Sailing in a week! :D

Like it - good ideas!

For safety reasons, if one like to/prefer to wear a lanyard around her/his neck, especially true with children, please make sure to get one with the "breakaway" design - odds are slim that you would be caught with the lanyard pulling against your neck. Better safe than sorry - they cost a little more but worth the extra "investment"

https://www.amazon.com/SOCCER-Seattle-Sounders-Lanyard-Breakaway/dp/B002O3U1G4/ref=sr_1_16?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1471015606&sr=1-16&keywords=breakaway+lanyard

Or, this -breakaway style waterproof "case" with space for loose bills, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Safe-Waterproof-Badge-Holder/dp/B001P5ZZ6I/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1471016114&sr=1-2&keywords=ID+Badge+holder