Just off the dawn 8-5-16/8-12-16

preppykate08

I've been wondering how that works with photos now. For example, do they swipe your card when they take a picture when you're leaving the ship at a port stop? Or when they're taking pictures in the dining room? I can easily see swiping cards for the portraits, but any other time, it seems like it would hold things up. TIA

I believe that's showing the Photo area, before and after dry dock. I've seen that photo on the right (after), and it shows the station where you can swipe your room key and view photos associated with your room.

Yes, you're correct. I was looking for the single shots I'd viewed a few days ago but ran across the video instead. I'll look again.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I've been wondering how that works with photos now. For example, do they swipe your card when they take a picture when you're leaving the ship at a port stop? Or when they're taking pictures in the dining room? I can easily see swiping cards for the portraits, but any other time, it seems like it would hold things up. TIA

I seem to recall they just ask for your room number and type it in.

The riddle is solved... thank you!

Did you happen to get a glance of the lounge area on deck 9, above the atrium?

Thank you, jorabo. I also wondered about former internet cafe now listed as Lounge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

The riddle is solved... thank you!

Did you happen to get a glance of the lounge area on deck 9, above the atrium?

The lounge area is nice. But I never really saw anyone there. It consists of couches and lounge chairs with tinted lights very relaxing. It spreads all the way around the deck in like a horseshoe shape

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lounge area is nice. But I never really saw anyone there. It consists of couches and lounge chairs with tinted lights very relaxing. It spreads all the way around the deck in like a horseshoe shape

We wandered into the lounge a few times during our week.

That's too bad if many people didn't know how nice it is.

We loved it up there it was perfect for hearing the music or other activities when it was too crowded in the Grand Atrium. Always lots of people and a nice gathering spot with everything right there. (Quiet and relaxing during the day, much more comfortable than the library, if you like it there)

I saw a group run up and bring back a couple plates full of pizza, finger foods and cookies from the buffet one night. Lounging and eating at their own private party!

Our next cruise is so far away! 5/5/17. [emoji31]

We wandered into the lounge a few times during our week.

That's too bad if many people didn't know how nice it is.

We loved it up there it was perfect for hearing the music or other activities when it was too crowded in the Grand Atrium. Always lots of people and a nice gathering spot with everything right there. (Quiet and relaxing during the day, much more comfortable than the library, if you like it there)

I saw a group run up and bring back a couple plates full of pizza, finger foods and cookies from the buffet one night. Lounging and eating at their own private party!

Our next cruise is so far away! 5/5/17. [emoji31]

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Some great tips on how to get the most of the area, thank you!

And don't feel bad our next cruise will be 8-2017 we will be heading back to Bermuda again!!

We're going back too. Do you like August best? We like May. We always go then. Except this year with the re-furb of course, May was not an option.

So we booked 6/3. Then that's ended up cancelled as well to extend dry dock.

I love this cruise! I wish we were at sea even longer!

Preppykate,

I cannot agree more with your thoughts about Los Lobos! We sailed August 12-19 in the Garden Villa, and Los Lobos was by far our favorite restaurant for food and service. I'm still craving the delicious tableside guacamole. It was hands down the best I have ever eaten! Glad you enjoyed it too!

Thanks for posting, We are interested in ballroom dancing and found out that spinnakers has been removed. We are wondering if they have any live bands in the new ultra bliss lounge or just DJ music. also is the floor as big as spinnakers was ?

Thanks for any response

Thanks for posting, We are interested in ballroom dancing and found out that spinnakers has been removed. We are wondering if they have any live bands in the new ultra bliss lounge or just DJ music. also is the floor as big as spinnakers was ?

Thanks for any response

Bliss is where Spinnaker was. They upgraded the furniture. Yes. Live bands. Games. Trivia.

Karaoke was one night we were onboard. Some other gatherings.

You'll be able to do some ballroom dancing.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
The taxi tour you mentioned, where did you find the great driver? We go in a month and since we have been there before wanted to try something new. A taxi tour sounds great!

We have also had the pleasure of Sydney ... Highly recommended!! All of the cab drivers know each other. I would suggest getting out there early and just ask around for him - you won't be disappointed