Just booked Nachi Cocum

terri-eddie

We'll be going in Dec 2016, and I wanted to ask a couple of questions about the food.

1...I've been reading about "four courses".....what are they? I'm thinking appetizer, entree, dessert....what makes four?

2...Is there only Mexican food? That would make my daughter and me very happy, but my husband would prefer a burger, or some deep fried fish, or shrimp.

3...Is Nachi a Coke or a Pepsi kind of place? We don't drink alcohol, but I prefer Pepsi products over Coke products. And would they serve in cans/bottles, or in glasses over ice? I'm a little worried about the ice...should I be?

Thanks in advance to anyone with first-hand knowledge, who can answer my questions. This site is the best!

Appetizer, soup or salad, entrée, and dessert. That's the four. If he is not into actual Mexican they always have a grouper fillet that is "Yucatan style" which has been very good the couple times we have been. There is a grilled shrimp which is not truly Mexican, sure he could find something.

We'll be going in Dec 2016, and I wanted to ask a couple of questions about the food.

1...I've been reading about "four courses".....what are they? I'm thinking appetizer, entree, dessert....what makes four?

2...Is there only Mexican food? That would make my daughter and me very happy, but my husband would prefer a burger, or some deep fried fish, or shrimp.

3...Is Nachi a Coke or a Pepsi kind of place? We don't drink alcohol, but I prefer Pepsi products over Coke products. And would they serve in cans/bottles, or in glasses over ice? I'm a little worried about the ice...should I be?

Thanks in advance to anyone with first-hand knowledge, who can answer my questions. This site is the best!

Go to Google images- lots of pictures of the menu

We have been twice and ordered a few appetizers and they brought us out a few other dishes to try that we didn't ask for also. Menus are available online. They do offer a burger and fries. You also don't have to order all at once either. You can order as you want and snack through the day if you would rather. They're very accommodating!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In July 2015 we booked an AI to this place and our visit on the Oasis OTS was the high point of our cruise. Beach great, service great and food super. The place is a little old but still very enjoyable. Excelent value for the cost.

Will be visiting Cozumel again next month in September on the NCL Getaway but will not go to Nochi because we want something different and we hope what we choose will be as good as Nochi.

They pour the sodas from 2 liter or 3 liter bottles mostly into cups with ice. The ice cause us no problems. I saw Coke and Diet Coke, my son got a Sprite but since it was from bottles perhaps they have some Pepsi products as well?

Edited by texasgirl73

They pour the sodas from 2 liter or 3 liter bottles mostly into cups with ice. The ice cause us no problems. I saw Coke and Diet Coke, my son got a Sprite but since it was from bottles perhaps they have some Pepsi products as well?

Thank you! I can live with the coke products if I have to, but now maybe I can hope for pepsi! And thank you for commenting on the ice....that's probably only an issue with less developed places.

We were there last summer and my wife got a turkey club and my daughter got ribs (as in BBQ style baby back ribs). they both enjoyed both meals

Most, if not all, restaurants,bars, etc... in Coz make ice with bottled water. You shouldn't have any problems there.

Edited by CT Sean

Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember seeing Pepsi in Mexico on any trips. I'm sure it's served somewhere but Mexico seems to favor coke.

I have bought pepsi in stores in Coz to bring back on the ship, but I've never been served pepsi in a restaurant....I think you're right about Mexico being a Coke kinda place.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to comment on this post....I certainly appreciate all the info, and the endorsements of Nachi Cocum. We're very excited for our visit in December. After we return, I'll try to remember to complete this post by settling the Pepsi question!

I have bought pepsi in stores in Coz to bring back on the ship, but I've never been served pepsi in a restaurant....I think you're right about Mexico being a Coke kinda place.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to comment on this post....I certainly appreciate all the info, and the endorsements of Nachi Cocum. We're very excited for our visit in December. After we return, I'll try to remember to complete this post by settling the Pepsi question!

When are you in port at Nachi Cocum, we are also going in Dec. We'll be there on December. 8th. Great place. They don't limit the food, BTW. We ordered all day and they brought what we ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

When are you in port at Nachi Cocum, we are also going in Dec. We'll be there on December. 8th. Great place. They don't limit the food, BTW. We ordered all day and they brought what we ordered.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We're going on the Splendor, Dec 4....and I believe our Cozumel date is Dec 8 also...see you there?