Interesting....."Seafood Corner" now on the Conquest

happy cruzin

I bought a plain black Canon printer 20 years ago for $700.

I can get a coloured one now with scanner for $39!

Prices in the past have got nothing to do with being ripped off in the present day!

I think we were all being ripped off in the past!

In certain ways you do and in other ways not.

Overall entertainment has gone downhill. Production shows were far better than the playlist stuff they are now doing.

Also greatly miss the flyons which are being done away with and replaced with audience participation Hasbro games. Great for kids but dont see it as adult evening entertainment.

Food still have lots of choices but as mentioned before' date=' as long as people accept pay for venues they will replace venues that were included.[/quote']

I don't think they'll have any less free venues. If anything, it seems to be more! Taking one food item as an example (at a different venue) doesn't convince me of that. Hell, the steakhouse has many of the same items (vastly different quality) as the MDR has free and those haven't gone away. I do imagine the BBQ is more popular than the old fish and chips, which always got mixed reviews. I'm not a massive fan of this seafood corner myself, as I think the upcharge is a bit steep for the lobster roll (comparing it to something like what you get from the other upcharge dining) since its counter service. But I think people are being A bit hysterical suggesting there will be less free dining when all I've seen is more and more options and CCL trying to replace unpopular options with quality, popular ones.

As to entertainment, with the additions of comedy and movies, I feel there is more, not less. But I'm not a big sing-and-dance-variety fan. I'll go to one or two of those a cruise, tops. I love the dive in movies and the adult comedy. I agree that the Hasbro are weak sauce, but I do find more entertainment on Carnival I like than most places because they have comedy most nights and movie most nights, whereas there isn't much of that (some comedy but usually only one comedian all cruise) on other lines. That said, I don't think any cruise line has truly great entertainment or ever did. The acting, singing, dancing have never been Broadway level or anything.

As to entertainment, with the additions of comedy and movies, I feel there is more, not less. But I'm not a big sing-and-dance-variety fan. I'll go to one or two of those a cruise, tops. I love the dive in movies and the adult comedy. I agree that the Hasbro are weak sauce, but I do find more entertainment on Carnival I like than most places because they have comedy most nights and movie most nights, whereas there isn't much of that (some comedy but usually only one comedian all cruise) on other lines. That said, I don't think any cruise line has truly great entertainment or ever did. The acting, singing, dancing have never been Broadway level or anything.

There is more entertainment and food choices. Given the diversity of passengers on a mass market cruise ship, you can't please everyone all the time. Some cantankerous cruisers won't be happy no matter what. Others are stuck in a rut. Young families and young at heart have needs, too, and are the future.

Edited by Karnyval

I bought a plain black Canon printer 20 years ago for $700.

I can get a coloured one now with scanner for $39!

Prices in the past have got nothing to do with being ripped off in the present day!

I think we were all being ripped off in the past!

True enough an funny as well.