I'll Sleep When I'm Dead Trip Report

Thanks for a great review. Glad you & your family had a wonderful time. I have to admit, I was exhausted reading about all your activities. You really accomplished a lot in one week. Now I get your title! :)

I had not heard about paying $50 p/p to go to barefoot beach in lieu of renting a second cabana. I wonder if it's new.

We could have rented one cabana and then paid $50 pp for anyone beyond six. So we would pay one cabana plus $350 for the extra seven. We didn't need two cabanas as we spent the vast majority of the time in the water. Does that make sense?

Cheers!

Great review! I look forward to seeing the Compasses posted on Monday. :)

Can you tell me more about the White Party?

It was on Day 6 & listed under Music & Entertainment on the Cruise Compass. It was a dance party led by the Cruise Director staff. They sell neon stuff before but I had read about it so I bought stuff on Amazon before we sailed (neon rings, glow bracelets, etc. . ..). Not a ton of people were in white & to a ton had neon stuff. But everyone danced & had a great time. It was packed. 9:45 start time & lasted for about an hour. On the Promenade. Highly recommended.

We really did try to do everything and accomplished most of what we (I) set out to do.

Cheers!

It was on Day 6 & listed under Music & Entertainment on the Cruise Compass. It was a dance party led by the Cruise Director staff. They sell neon stuff before but I had read about it so I bought stuff on Amazon before we sailed (neon rings, glow bracelets, etc. . ..). Not a ton of people were in white & to a ton had neon stuff. But everyone danced & had a great time. It was packed. 9:45 start time & lasted for about an hour. On the Promenade. Highly recommended.

Cheers!

We attended something like this on the Allure, except it was just called a Glow Party (with no white clothes as the dress) and it was held in the ice skating rink. The lights were dimmed quite a bit so that you could see the glowing accessories quite well. Are the lights dimmed a lot on the Promenade for the White Party so the glow accessories stand out?

WIFI: Hubs & I both had the surf option & it was practical & useful. I did some periscoping in the mornings & evenings & he did work stuff. The 2nd sea day was the only day where the Internet was not great but that was mainly during the day & returned to normal at night.

Also forgot about Savannah Jack - the Headliner. Sort of a rockabilly band that was sort of cheese-ball but way fun. My kids were out of their mind dancing to every song. The lead singer was talented (if not a bit sweaty) and a very engaging performer.

The link to my Dropbox Folder with Compasses, Kids Compasses, Schooner Bar Menu & Room Service Breakfast Menu is here;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/80gym92g0mv15im/AAAEQK-VGawOcq2n4t8UTnxca?dl=0

Let me know if you have problems with the link.

Cheers!

Thanks for the terrific review! Glad your trip was wonderful!

2 questions. Did you prebook your Izumi reservations online? I want to book mine but the hours available are crappy. Would they let you change them once on board? Also, was the Amazing Race an RCI sponsored excursion or did you book with an outside vendor?

Thanks for the terrific review! Glad your trip was wonderful!

2 questions. Did you prebook your Izumi reservations online? I want to book mine but the hours available are crappy. Would they let you change them once on board? Also, was the Amazing Race an RCI sponsored excursion or did you book with an outside vendor?

Amazing Race was booked independently. RCL does not offer it as an excursion.

Actually did Izumi on the phone with RCL. Call & if no luck, make reservations at crappy time & check in there the first day you are on board.

Have fun!