Post cruise thoughts

thickerson555

Does anyone else have weird thoughts right after their cruise. On the way home as I look at the time I think about what would be happening on the ship right now. I think about how less than 24 hours ago I was setting in a hot tub cruising across the ocean. I also think about the ground hog day / week nature of a cruise. People are in the room I just left today and being waited on by the same staff I just saw yesterday for dinner. I think about it front perspective and from the cruise workers. It has to be odd for them to repeat week after week.

After a few days I don't think about it anymore but for the first day it's always a surreal feeling. I'm just curious if anyone else has thoughts like these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone else have weird thoughts right after their cruise. On the way home as I look at the time I think about what would be happening on the ship right now. I think about how less than 24 hours ago I was setting in a hot tub cruising across the ocean. I also think about the ground hog day / week nature of a cruise. People are in the room I just left today and being waited on by the same staff I just saw yesterday for dinner. I think about it front perspective and from the cruise workers. It has to be odd for them to repeat week after week.

After a few days I don't think about it anymore but for the first day it's always a surreal feeling. I'm just curious if anyone else has thoughts like these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'll probably want to steer clear of ever working in the hospitality industry.

My husband and I do that for a few days after every cruise...."If we were on the ship right now, we would be....getting ready for dinner, going ashore, watching a show, etc."

And it's weird to think that someone else is sleeping in MY bed, and eating at MY table.

The only cure is to plan another cruise!

Yep, when back on land, it is not appreciated when I get up and walk out after dinner without paying.

:eek:

That is hilarious, RC.

It was supposed to be funny, wasn't it?

;)

We would be on the Lido right now having breakfast. The wind swirling around us. My better half would find a banana to take back to the room. Then we would sit and watch the people. You can tell the novice from the pros. The novice walks in awe and wonder, the pro, nonchalant.

I may tear up. Gotta go see what is available late November.

We have the same experiences. In the weeks leading up to the cruise, I check where the ship is each day. Same for the week after.

Then we get anxious and start looking to book the next cruise. Usually within two weeks, we have another one booked. Then things relax, until the next one.

The best experience we've had is getting off one ship and knowing we'll be back on another in two weeks.

Edited by cruzincurt