Soda card

Luvoceans

Yes there is a soda discount card: pay @25 for $50 worth of soda dispensed from the bar guns. You can either 1) pre-purchase the card on the website under your account, your cruise booking, indulgences, beverages or 2) from any bar while on board. There is also Happy Hour, usually before dinner, where you by 1 drink and get a 2nd for $1 which also works for cans of soda.

There are other beverage cards, not discount, which are provided for convenience.

Edited by take us away

My experience with the soda from the guns was not good. It always tasted at least a little strange and sometimes was undrinkable. On subsequent HAL voyages I have just bought a can of soda when I wanted one.

Have had that happen and when I mentioned this to the bar steward, he immediately handed me a can of soda and a glass of ice with apologies. There was a person working on the dispensing apparatus and tanks about 10 minutes later.

Will they give you bottled water for your soda card ? thanks .

You might find someone who will do that, but it's not likely. The soda card is for soda, not water or other drinks. There's a beverage card for that (although there's no discount).

If you want a glass of water, just ask, and the bartender will pour it.

Will they give you bottled water for your soda card ? thanks .

Have tried this and it does not work. What does work is the welcome aboard wine / champagne that you may find in your cabin which the bar staff will exchange for bottled water - Pellegrino is my favorite.

We had cards on our Zuiderdam cruise last February that were $25 for $50 worth of drinks. My wife was also able to get virgin drinks using the card. Every time we got a soda we were given a can.

It wasn't strictly a soda card but I am not sure what it was called. We purchased them pre-cruise using points from our HA credit card.

We had cards on our Zuiderdam cruise last February that were $25 for $50 worth of drinks. My wife was also able to get virgin drinks using the card. Every time we got a soda we were given a can.

It wasn't strictly a soda card but I am not sure what it was called. We purchased them pre-cruise using points from our HA credit card.

The $25 card gives you $50 in fountain soda drinks, that's all. There is a $50 beverage card which provides cans of sodas, mocktails, etc. but there's no discount, just an accounting advantage.

We got a soda card onboard Zuiderdam this July, we got fountain soda.

How much do they charge for the drinks from the soda gun? Do they have decaffeinated diet coke? Now I am trying to figure out if the soda card is worthwhile or it would be better to just get a can when I want one.

Do they have decaffeinated diet coke? Now I am trying to figure out if the soda card is worthwhile or it would be better to just get a can when I want one.

Caffeine Free Diet Coke comes in a can. When I've ordered it using a soda card, they have opened the can, poured out about half, and served it. Then they used the other half of the can for the next request.

Caffeine Free Diet Coke comes in a can. When I've ordered it using a soda card, they have opened the can, poured out about half, and served it. Then they used the other half of the can for the next request.

Had a great bar steward who would open the can, pour the glass but them hand me the rest of the can. Same with the Fanta orange. Also, if you ask for less ice, you get more soda.

What I remember from earlier this year, the dispensed soda was $1.15 per glass (+15%) and the can was $1.95 (+15%). Happy hour had 2 cans at $2.95

Edited by take us away

They ought to make fountain sodas free. It's a pennies cost. If they put up a dispenser then if folks wanted a drink they could walk to the lido. If they are sitting in a bar they can buy a can if desired.

If I was the person that got the already opened caffeine free Diet Coke that had been sitting open for an hour from a previous guest I'd be pretty disappointed.

If I was the person that got the already opened caffeine free Diet Coke that had been sitting open for an hour from a previous guest I'd be pretty disappointed.

That is my thought.

Thanks everyone for the information.

I don't know how they do it (can't be coincidence for all those times), but I've never been served my soda from a can that was already opened.

Now, that's not to say it's never happened, but only that I've never heard of it. I used to drink several cans of soda in the course of a day, so there was plenty of opportunity.