Excursions question...

Jeno19

First time cruiser here! I'm leaving September 17th on the Oasis of the Seas Caribbean cruise. Anyway, I'm not much of a water person. In fact I hate getting wet haha I am however, doing a snorkeling excursion and wondered how it all works. Is there a place to put a small day type bag with a change of clothes for after being in the water? Or will I pretty much have to be in my swimming suit all day? I seriously have no idea what to expect! I was hoping to snorkel then hit the town to walk around after but I want to change into dry clothes

Please help me understand how excursions work.

Thanks!

Jenny

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising!

It is not easy to answer your questions about the excursion you have booked without some additional information. How long is the excursion? What port is the excursion booked in? Did the information you had that led you to choose it have anything more about it? Snorkeling excursions could be done from either a boat that you board right at the dock to a van drive to a beach. I expect you will want to leave from and return to the ship with the excursion. Some excursions also include some shopping time or sightseeing time also.

So, I would suggest checking out the excursion on the ports of call thread and, also, check it out via TripAdvisor to see what others who have done it had to say about it.

I hope you get the information you need and that you have a great snorkeling experience and a great cruise!

It all depends. I just leave my stuff in a beach bag on the boat. You can also go back on the boat and change then head back out. I have never had anyone go through my stuff or take anything when it is left on the boat, but I do not bring anything valuable. I normally just throw on a cover up and head to town. Bring some shorts along and you should be set.

Please remember coral safe sunscreen. Stuff you buy in drugstores are NOT coral safe.