Breakaway in Oct.

BearPenn2010

We've sailed Breakaway in both July and November, deck 10 and 8, respectively.

Our "best" pick would be deck 10, aft. However, that's our "best".

For US, we liked being very close to the elevators/stairs. No narrow hallways to navigate as there are on deck 8. Not saying that staying on deck 8 is bad as you are closer to 6/7/8 and lounges, bars and etc. The Waterfront is a definite highlight onboard. Do take advantage of it.

As for hunter68's question on how the weather will be the first week of October in NYC .... Good luck. Who knows? Bring a hoodie just in case and have a great cruise!

Edited by meatball_nyc

Anyone know how the weather is the first week in October out of NYC? Will it be warm on the 2nd day?

Yes by lunch time it will be great. As soon as you get below the gulfstream, around North Carolina, you'll notice the difference. May not be too bad even in NYC during the first week of October.

Planning on going on the Norwegian Breakaway in Oct, and want a Balcony room...any recommendation on Where is the Best part of the ship for a Balcony...Aft are already sold out...Best Deck and area of Ship Thanks...

Mid ship is the best.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm on the same sailing :)

I always book midship, and try to get smack in the middle somewhere, easily accessible to wherever I may want to go. I try to avoid being under the pool deck and kids club, but don't want to be too high up. This is my first time booking starboard (for some reason I gravitated to port side for every other trip!)

I'm the opposite of a previous poster - I prefer to maximize walking and avoid the buffet! (I gain enough on cruises from the adult beverages!)

Edited by mchelle77