Getting Ready to Go -- AMA Rhone

Valley Girl of VA

I almost want to start singing "Oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go" but my bags aren't packed quite yet.

We are on the 9/9 sailing but will spend a few days prior to the trip in Marseille/Provence before. We have our tour booked for Aix and Cassis and then the next day a private tour booked (with another couple that is cruising with us) taking us to St. Remy, as well as a few wineries and will be dropped off at our ship. That drop off is saving us two cab rides and one train ride from Marseille.

After the trip concludes we will stay in Lyon a couple of extra nights then on to Paris (train tickets already purchased). I've booked a French macaron class in Paris so when I get home I'll hopefully be able to whip up those tasty, yet expensive, treats. Then on to Giverney, as well as Amiens and another city that is by the sea. We'll finish up in Belgium sampling lots of beer.

So in reality, the second half of that verse applies to me ---I'm ready to go!

Jane

Enjoy your trip Jane!

We're leaving in 2 weeks... We'll waive at you from the Rhine and Northern Italy!

Liz (from Charlottesville)

Liz,

I know you'll enjoy northern Italy. We'll have to meet up again when you get back and us too!

I almost want to start singing "Oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go" but my bags aren't packed quite yet.

We are on the 9/9 sailing but will spend a few days prior to the trip in Marseille/Provence before. Jane

Hi Jane

I'm another Jane getting ready to pack her bags for this same cruise. We will board the AMADagio on Sept. 23rd. My friend and I will spend time in Nice before boarding then an extra day in Lyon at the end before flying home.

JPAlbany, I'm remembering your advice about some of the food to avoid in Lyon. Any other hints?

Jane (in Schenectady County)