Disembarking Oasis in Port Canaveral

I've been on a number of cruises, and been on this board for over 10 years. But will be taking my first Royal Cruise onboard Oasis this fall.

I'm in the process of booking flights, and wanted some feedback on realistic expectations for disembarkation on Oasis in Port Canaveral. Not only am I new to the line, it has been some time since I've been in Port Canaveral. At the heart of my question is a possible flight at 11:45 AM out of Sanford. It is a direct flight to my home city, which is the real reason that I'm considering it. Otherwise, I'd go the safer route.

Can I reasonably expect to get off the ship and over to the car rental agency- specifically National since it is one of the closest to ship, early enough that this is not a crazy plan?

Or is there a shared shuttle for Sanford, like there is for MCO?

Sanford Airport Shuttle Schedule

Sanford Airport to Port Canaveral

CALL FOR TIMES 1-888-320-8497

From Port Canaveral to Sanford Airport

8:30 Am

9:45 Am

11:45 Am

This is the primary shared shuttle. I believe they currently charge $30pp....but you can give them a call.

Edited by Magellan321

Sanford airport is approximately 1 hour from Port Canaveral. So if you catch the 8:30 shuttle you should be in great shape. If you decide to use a rental car I would suggest do the self walk off (with luggage) or get a very low number luggage tag to ensure you get to the airport well before you need to get through security, etc.

Sanford Airport Shuttle Schedule

Sanford Airport to Port Canaveral

CALL FOR TIMES 1-888-320-8497

From Port Canaveral to Sanford Airport

8:30 Am

9:45 Am

11:45 Am

This is the primary shared shuttle. I believe they currently charge $30pp....but you can give them a call.

Thank you! Has anyone used this company and have any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also ask that on the Florida Departures forum, more chance for someone with direct experience to see the question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I did! So far, all I've received are references to private car service there. I was hoping to get more insight on what to expect in terms of the disembarkation process and speed here, but like good CC folks, already got more than that!

On that note, does self-assist go in any particular order, or is it a general release for all passengers doing that?

I know Oasis is moving to PC, but doesn't Royal have an established process for self assist, zones, etc?

The only thing you can depend on with Royal is inconsistency.

Biker, who is correct more than twice a day, is spot on by noting that you won't really know until Oasis is at PC.

Sanford airport is approximately 1 hour from Port Canaveral. So if you catch the 8:30 shuttle you should be in great shape. If you decide to use a rental car I would suggest do the self walk off (with luggage) or get a very low number luggage tag to ensure you get to the airport well before you need to get through security, etc.

I agree. Self walk will be the better option.