Question on chef and sparkling wine

mediapro

For anyone who has sailed recently, do you remember the name/nationality of the head chef? Our last sailing on the PG was the only disappointing experience we have had. The chef was either German or Dutch.

Also, PG replace an excellent Bourgogne sparkling with a Spanish. If you drink bubbly, do you recall the Appellation?

For anyone who has sailed recently, do you remember the name/nationality of the head chef? Our last sailing on the PG was the only disappointing experience we have had. The chef was either German or Dutch.

Also, PG replace an excellent Bourgogne sparkling with a Spanish. If you drink bubbly, do you recall the Appellation?

Interesting in that my last 3 cruises with that DUTCH head chef I found the food fantastic. Don't know who is on board these days.

Didn't care for the Dutch chef in 2013 but liked him in 2014. I think chefs need a while to acclimatize themselves with what is available in FP.

The Chef is Stefan Berndt. Shall review him in January when I go next.

Edited by Emdee

Didn't care for the Dutch chef in 2013 but liked him in 2014. I think chefs need a while to acclimatize themselves with what is available in FP.

The Chef is Stefan Berndt. Shall review him in January when I go next.

Isn't that funny Emdee. It was 2013 when we did probably his inaugural cruise. To me his style was mostly Northern European and a bit more German than Dutch, but glad to here your opinion since you kno PG.

Now about hat bubbly....?

Isn't that funny Emdee. It was 2013 when we did probably his inaugural cruise. To me his style was mostly Northern European and a bit more German than Dutch, but glad to here your opinion since you kno PG.

Now about hat bubbly....?

Sorry no idea of the bubbly...don't drink it. Ask PG they will tell you.

I was on the PG in late Jan 2013. Didn't care for his food at all. He really did a great job during the reunion. Except one day when main courses took more than 45 mins but who knows the reason for this.