Self-Assist

BNBR

In terminals such as Miami, the luggage is on conveyor belts like at the airport. They only have the zone numbers that have been called on the carousels so when people leave before their zone is called, they clog up the areas waiting for their bags that aren't there yet. Then the people that actually can get their bags have to fight through all of them. It gets to be quite the zoo.

All the more reason to do self-disembarkation. All good, I think it's going to be trivial. Maybe I can sneak off with you Platinum folks?

8:30? Holy cow what an abrupt way for this night owl to end vacation!

What time do they stop serving breakfast? I'm thinking I might have room service like someone else suggested. Or can I drag my bags to the buffet?

The problem you will see is that people don't like to follow directions so you get the issues that normally shouldn't occur. They tell you not to wait in the stairways when getting off the ship, and they do. They tell you not to wait by the elevators, and they do. Makes it real interesting when those that are on there are trying to get off.

You'll see what I mean when we pull into any port. They will make an announcement where to wait and where not to, and yet people will be blocking up the stairs sometimes before we even dock.

You mean like people who figure that they can just walk off the ship right at the beginning without waiting for their deck or zone number to be called? None of that consideration for those who have priority?

You mean like people who figure that they can just walk off the ship right at the beginning without waiting for their deck or zone number to be called? None of that consideration for those who have priority?

People that don't want to follow directions because they either can't understand them or simply don't care.

All the more reason to do self-disembarkation. All good, I think it's going to be trivial. Maybe I can sneak off with you Platinum folks?

Let us know how it works :)

In no sense of which ship ranked, the Triumph has been our worst and the Magic has been our best. Here's what I mean.

We do platinum self-assist. After an early omelet we head back to the cabin to get our luggage. The letter delivered to our cabin states to head to deck 3 and wait in the dining room. The Triumph gathered diamond, platinum and FTTF together and on every cruise some walked in the door and camped out versus walking in few steps to make it a little easier for their fellow passengers. Only on the last couple of cruises did they call by specific group.

The Magic had separate areas for diamond, platinum and FTTF. Organized, expedient and home in an hour.

To be a successful "sneaker" you'd need to tailgate someone with the letter to get past the staff member guarding the elevator landing on 3. They do a reasonably successful job verifying credentials to be there. The later you wait to head down, the bigger mess the elevators are. I like lido cabins, so we press the Up button and hope for an empty cab.

Luggage is still being delivered to the numbered zones when we walk off. The US Customs agents and dogs are working the area, so if you were to attempt to claim a bag from one of the zones it might be a wait.

Edited by BallFour4

Isn't that a little (as you liked to tout in your posts in the Swim Diaper threads), people 'not obeying the speed limit' but getting upset over others disregarding ship rules and allowing children in the water in diapers?

8:30? Holy cow what an abrupt way for this night owl to end vacation!

What time do they stop serving breakfast? I'm thinking I might have room service like someone else suggested. Or can I drag my bags to the buffet?

I'm 99% sure that room service is not an option on disembarkation day. Unless, you send your spouse to the buffet to bring stuff back to the room!

Yes, drag your bags with you when you leave the room. Best option for breakfast is the dining room and they have an area to 'park' your bigger bags. We keep backpack under chair with us, lock others and park the bag if we self-assist.

Edited by spiritkat090909

I'm 99% sure that room service is not an option on disembarkation day. Unless, you send your spouse to the buffet to bring stuff back to the room!

Yes, drag your bags with you when you leave the room. Best option for breakfast is the dining room and they have an area to 'park' your bigger bags. We keep backpack under chair with us, lock others and park the bag if we self-assist.

Yes, room service is available.