Have you ever not gotten off the ship... at all??

Philomath

Thank you all for your input! We have a lot to think about. We have family in central Florida so may just go there instead. We didn't travel this year at all because I was pregnant this past winter but then miscarried in the spring. It's been a sad year (and busy, with new jobs for both me and my husband), so I'm trying to come up with something to look forward to! His take is that we should save up vacation time and do a bigger trip next spring, like the Great Barrier Reef, but that seems so far away!

We always pick one port day to enjoy on board...like Cozumel , Nassau, etc and we no longer get off in tender ports..too much of a hassle. Ship often less crowded, spa specials, quiet lunch....but alot of folks now do the same ...when we go on our Ca Coastal, many will not get off on the Mexico stop....

We hear that Zika mosq are daytime biters...nervous about our upcoming ABC Island cruise,..but will use Deet and cover up as best we can....mosq love me!

Where we live now in NY, there have been positive tests for West Nile carriers...night time biters...we have our yard sprayed with an organic and stay off the lawn at night..Our Fla vacation area has now has pos reports on Zika mosquitos

OP ...I'd enjoy another vacation for now or get blood tests before conceiving if available and skip San Juan...high zika mosquito reports.

So sorry about your miscarriage.,,our dr experienced that around the holidays 2 yrs ago.... very sad..,they found a wondeful high risk dr and now have a beautiful 5 month old.Staying healthy and stress free should be a priority,,good luck!

Edited by hcat