Allure 2016 Christmas/New Year

Hello All-

Our family is very excited to be cruising on Allure this holiday season.

I was wondering what to expect during the holidays on Allure? Also does anyone know if the boat will float in and around a fireworks celebration on New Years? (I have heard that some cruise lines will do this)

Thanks

Christina

On the 31st you will be leaving Labadee heading back to FLL so you will be at sea and not near any fireworks displays.

The only Royal ships that made a big deal of this were the ones that were doing the South America cruises a few years back and anchored off the beach in Rio.

Enjoy your cruise and leave the ship in good shape for us. We are boarding Jan 2.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hi Christina - we are also on this sailing so I have been looking for any details. We have previously sailed Christmas but not NYE.

Christmas on Freedom a few years back was great - the ship was beautifully decorated and santa visited via lifeboat (we were at labadee on Christmas day).

For NYE, there was a recent review from Allure last year that I remember seeing which included a video

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say I am surprised how quiet this thread is - with final payment passed I thought there would be more chatter.... Although I have just looked on a popular cruise inventory website and can see that there is still 40% left to book on the cruise. Not that surprised as I am shocked at some of the prices......

Anyway - has anyone got much booked for the ports of call yet?

I have to say I am surprised how quiet this thread is - with final payment passed I thought there would be more chatter.... Although I have just looked on a popular cruise inventory website and can see that there is still 40% left to book on the cruise. Not that surprised as I am shocked at some of the prices......

Anyway - has anyone got much booked for the ports of call yet?

Sounds like you are looking for the roll call for this sailing which can be found here,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2230379

Anyway - has anyone got much booked for the ports of call yet?[/QUOT

I am surprised as well at the lack of posts for this cruise. If we happen to have the ship half full that is fine with us. We sure are glad to have that large final payment outta the way. :) Now time to book plane tickets and finalize some excursion plans. We have already paid for snorkeling in Bahamas for the first port of call but are taking our time with the rest.

We are getting excited

I didn't realise there were 2 posts for this sailing....... I will see if I can request a merge somehow.

Well we have all flights and pre/post hotels all booked. Its great seeing all the Christmas stuff appearing in the shops and knowing we don't have to bother with the epic food shopping this year, as we will be sipping cocktails in the sun :D