Anthem: All Access Tour

Can anyone comment on the "All Access Tour" available on the Anthem? What areas of the ship do they show you? What could possibly justify the $150 cost????

The description is listed with the tour -it says bridge and engineering are included - plus you should see working areas of the ship - laundry, kitchen etc.

I booked it for my cruise on 9/8. i think it will be worth it, i'm interested in seeing how a big ship like Anthem functions.

My BF did it on Anthem. He liked it very much. It lasted hours, probably about 3 if I'm not mistaken. They really do take you everywhere, the galley, laundry, engineering, bridge, etc. If you're into that type of stuff it's very comprehensive. Personally I was not interested enough to justify the cost. I think he took about 1000 pictures!

We went on it last November on Anthem (I don't remember that it cost $150?), but in any case we really enjoyed it. We figured if we were ever going to do it, Anthem was the ship. Mostly it is just very interesting to see all the different parts of the ship including the bridge.

I would not do it again on another ship, but was definitely worth the one-time expenditure.

Enjoy!

I believe they also take you to crew quarters and you see where they socialize and interact. That's what I am most interested in. I am doing it on my Sept 3 Anthem cruise. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My DH and 2 DS's went on the tour in July. They LOVED it! They were able to go to the crew mess, the crew gym, I-95, galley, bridge and engine room (maybe another spot or 2 that I can't remember). It took about 3 hours all told. They were happy they went but wouldn't go again. For them, it was a 1 and done type thing.

We did the tour on the Allure in June. it includes the galley, including bakery, prep and meat area, food and liquor storage areas, the I-95 corridor (the main hallway where all supplies come through and crew use to get from place to place, the laundry, engine monitoring room, crew bars, the bridge, the helipad, and a quick walk through a crew cabin hallway. There are lots of very steep stairs, so wear walking shoes.

It was very interesting. I was fascinated that the crew bars are very low and all the way in the front, so you can hear the water banging against the hull. Also, there are cameras that look down the balconies from the sides of the bridge, so behave yourselves!

Edited by Hidden Minnie

My parents really enjoyed the all access tour on Allure... It was pricey but they really got to see a lot and learned just how fine-tuned things are on a ship.

I am planning on doing it on Harmony next summer just for the experience even though I have been on a galley tour and bridge tour on Freedom.

My DH and 2 DS's went on the tour in July. They LOVED it! They were able to go to the crew mess, the crew gym, I-95, galley, bridge and engine room (maybe another spot or 2 that I can't remember). It took about 3 hours all told. They were happy they went but wouldn't go again. For them, it was a 1 and done type thing.

I loved it. It was cool to visit various behind the scenes areas. I agree on it being a one time thing. Doubtful I'd do it again because of the cost, but definitely worth it once.

Just to clarify: you visit the engine control room, not the actual engine room. Still interesting, and not a place you'd ever see otherwise.

I loved it. It was cool to visit various behind the scenes areas. I agree on it being a one time thing. Doubtful I'd do it again because of the cost, but definitely worth it once.

Just to clarify: you visit the engine control room, not the actual engine room. Still interesting, and not a place you'd ever see otherwise.

You're right.....engine control room, not engine room....I knew something wasn't right but I couldn't figure out what I was missing. Thanks!! ;)

I don't know how/why we go to do it, but I did go to the engine room on a behind the scenes tour on Voyager in 2012. After visiting it, I can see the liability to RCCL of letting passengers in that area. I have been on a couple of other behind the scenes tours (Allure and Freedom) and never went in again. You can see other pictures of a behind the scenes tour by navigating the album this picture is in. Engine Room

I don't know how/why we go to do it, but I did go to the engine room on a behind the scenes tour on Voyager in 2012. After visiting it, I can see the liability to RCCL of letting passengers in that area. I have been on a couple of other behind the scenes tours (Allure and Freedom) and never went in again. You can see other pictures of a behind the scenes tour by navigating the album this picture is in. Engine Room

I've read a few instances of lucky groups going to the actual engine room. Too bad it's not the norm. I'd definitely pay again to do that. Lol

Did the tour on Anthem on January - I think it was worth the money. We went to galley, storage rooms, laundry, waste handling, crew facilities, theater back stage, engine control room, bridge and the "command centre" behind the bridge.

Tour lasted around 3 hours and it was mostly really interesting.

Edited by JezzaC