check in/arrival time

garnet115

Has anyone been turned away at the pier for arriving prior to their designated check in/arrival time? This is my first time sailing out of NY since they instituted the pre-designated arrival times. I booked last minute and the only check-in time I could select was the 12:30 - 1pm slot. I plan to get to the pier early (probably around 10:30-ish) so that I don't have to wait so late to board. Any experience that others can share is much appreciated.

Thanks!

It depends on the cruise line and how busy the terminal is. I think it is more of a suggested time on the honor system. They are trying to spread out the 4,000 or more passengers so no one has to stand in line for hours and hours. Both times we sailed NCL, no one demanded to look at our boarding pass for the designated time. I would chance it. What's the worst that could happen? You have to wait a bit longer. But I bet that you can get your bags checked as soon as you get there. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone been turned away at the pier for arriving prior to their designated check in/arrival time? This is my first time sailing out of NY since they instituted the pre-designated arrival times. I booked last minute and the only check-in time I could select was the 12:30 - 1pm slot. I plan to get to the pier early (probably around 10:30-ish) so that I don't have to wait so late to board. Any experience that others can share is much appreciated.

Thanks!

There is no designated Check-in time. The arrival time is used to try to stop everyone arriving at the same time. Arrive when you feel like and pick up your check-in group ticket. Check in will probably start about 11.30 and they call up groups one at a time.

Depending on how many people arrive before you, you may have to wait till 12.30 anyway.

It depends on the cruise line and how busy the terminal is. I think it is more of a suggested time on the honor system. They are trying to spread out the 4,000 or more passengers so no one has to stand in line for hours and hours. Both times we sailed NCL, no one demanded to look at our boarding pass for the designated time. I would chance it. What's the worst that could happen? You have to wait a bit longer. But I bet that you can get your bags checked as soon as you get there. Best of luck!

So true.