Tip quesrion

maurick

You can have it added to your seapass account. If you do this, they provide you with a slip to give to the appropriate person. We really loved our waiter and made sure that besides his slip showing our charge, we gave some extra cash as well.

We prefer to have it on our seapass account, so that it gets paid by our credit card and then we pay it off when we return. This way we don't have to worry about carrying much cash on our trip and also of running into the problem of not having enough cash by the end as well.

It's not mandatory however as on some of the cruiselines i've been reading about.

It seems to vary by ship when you charge the tips to your account. On most ships we have been given vouchers to give to the staff. On one ship however, we were told that the crew would be notified that we had tipped them and no vouvhers were provided.

I've heard the 15% when you buy a drink may not go (at least fully) to your server. So this raises a question of mine... If you add tip to the receipt you sign (I like to round up to a close dollar amount) Does THAT go fully to your server. and of course, ultimately, does your waiter/steward/etc fully get the tip that you "pre-pay" on your account and on the presentation certificate.

I've heard the 15% when you buy a drink may not go (at least fully) to your server. So this raises a question of mine... If you add tip to the receipt you sign (I like to round up to a close dollar amount) Does THAT go fully to your server. and of course, ultimately, does your waiter/steward/etc fully get the tip that you "pre-pay" on your account and on the presentation certificate.

As far as the extra you tip at any of the bars it does not go directly to the barman or waiter . I was on a cruise eariler this year and the barman told me so. He said it goes into a pool and is shared with all the bar staff. So if you like a particular bar person who you find is really serving you well and you want to tip him over the already added 15% just tell him you will give him a cash tip at the end of the cruise. Thats what I did and it worked out very well.

Archived