Escape questions

cruisencrazy

We are going on the Escape next month and I have a few questions: First, which shows were your favorite and why? Second, which restaurant should we not miss? Finally, in general, what on the ship should we not miss, sign up for or do? Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to this.

The two Broadway shows in the main theater (For The Record and After Midnight) are ok. Not great

Howl at the Mood is always great fun.

Comedy shows are always fun. Early shows family oriented. Late shows adults only.

Food Republic was a great restaurant to try. Also Pinchos tapas bar.

The ropes course and water slides are not to miss.

From my experience (we had little kids with us so didn't get to do many adult things lol)...

1. Do the drop slide. I'm not a thrill seeker but it was awesome when I finally got the courage to just do it. Actually, do all the slides, they are all very fun and different.

2. See Brat Pack, I'm an 80's child so this was the BEST (and I think it's free now?)

3. We ate in La Cucina as our only specialty meal (all other dinners were in the free restaurants) and it was great, but those who have dined in all the others may say another is better.

4. Definitely go to Food Republic, awesome food and a la carte pricing!

5. My in-laws saw the dueling piano show and raved, also said the comedian was great.

6. Make sure to come back from at least one of the islands close to boarding time (maybe 30-40 mins before?)... there is music and dancing and the crew welcoming you back on the ship, fun to experience!

Edited by CamaCama

Food Republic was NOT our favorite....we LOVED Pinchos.....Cagneys "ok" Haven steaks just as good if you are staying in the Haven.....La Cucina was good.....buffet was like a cattle call! We enjoyed Bayamos enough to eat there twice during our 14 days on board......I am OVER Le Bistro! Only thing that I look forward to there is the Veuve Cliquious champagne and the escargot.

Food is such an objective thing....as if you asked 20 of us you would prob get 15 different answers

Get an unusual mojito from Bong at the Sugarcane bar, ask to see his mouse. Go to the Glow party and jump up and down with the music. Stay up late one night and get wings at OSheehans. Dance one night at dinner in The Manhattan Room. Watch a sunset with a fruity boat drink in hand from the Waterfront. Try all the margaritas from Margaritaville (most included in UBP). Try some beers from Florida in The District Brewhouse. Wait till after 11 pm at Howl at the Moon when it's adults only and it gets pretty bawdy. Take a taxi in Tortola and take pictures of the ship as the taxis struggle up the steep hills. Go to Meghans Bay in St Thomas. Relax and have fun!

I just posted a huge review about the Escape. I would highly recommend Cagney's Steak House, Headliners Comedy Club Dueling Pianos, the Brat Pack. I wanted peace, quiet and relaxation so I spent most mornings on Deck 8 at the Waterfront. It has tables, chairs, and loungers and hardly anybody goes there. I loved O'Sheehan's for breakfast and lunch, not crowded and good food.

Tyler Gray is the CD and one of the best I have seen on a ship. He is energetic, friendly, loud, keeps everyone involved and exhausting to watch.

I highly recommend buying your beverage and specialty dining packages before you get on the ship because they go up in price when you get on.