Millennium Aqua, which deck is better 9 or 11?

barefoot14

We are booked for July 7, 2017 voyage from Vancouver. We need to decide between deck 9, which I read has limited sky viewing due to balcony overhang, or aft of deck 11, above the bar? Aft of deck 11 has great reviews, but don't know if the music/noise would keep me up, we're early birds. We really want to experience the BEST view from our balcony, along with peace and quiet. Please help us select a room and/or deck! Thanks!

Deck 11 afts are far better for sailing the straits especially if you are heading out of Icy Straits.

I don't think that you will have much issue with noise from the bar unless you are turning the lights out before 9ish.

We've sailed on the Millie to Alaska on another deck but also sailed the route in an aft on another ship. We have never had a noise issue on other Celebrity ships with a deck 11 aft cabin.

The aft bar is more laid back in the evenings on M class especially. Sometimes you will have one of the small/solo acts that play around the ship but rarely after the late dinner time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bbeltmom

We were just on Millie in May/June in #1138. WOW - huge balcony - we had the BEST views it was awesome! There is a lack of privacy unless you are closer to the sliding door. There is also a hangover in the spot so if raining you can be outside out of the rain. The rest of the balcony is uncovered but public. There is some daytime noise but only if you are on the balcony - with the door shut you hear nothing. :D

We have been in 1116 & 1118 on 3 of the M class ships - have yet to go on the Summit. We like these cabins because they are forward of the Terrace area, so noise should be minimized. They are also mid way along the corridor, which might help in case there are issues with slamming doors at either end. On the Constellation & Millennium, the balconies for these 2 are a tad wider than neighboring balconies. (Not so on the Infinity.) I think comparable cabins on the other side are 1115 & 1117.

We were in 1140 in April on the Millie. While the balcony was great, and we had no noise problems, we had other issues.

We hit some moderately rough seas. Most of our draws would no stay shut. We moved night stand side ways and duck tape others items. Don't forget it the seas are rough, 11 will get more of a roll. I would not consider this deck again. Sleep is more important to me than a nice balcony. I know the inside room across from us had the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We decided to take 9038, which has a very large angled balcony and excellent reviews. Decision based upon higher cost of Deck 11, plus desire to have privacy and quiet. Thanks for the input!

Are you a captains club member? If yes, you should get the one category upgrade. So A1 on deck 11 should not be more expensive than A2 on deck 9.

We did not like the overhang on deck 9 at all. And even more than that I hated the support struts of it which were in the way of every photo... we had 9046.

However, we absolutely loved the stateroom on deck 11.

We decided to take 9038, which has a very large angled balcony and excellent reviews. Decision based upon higher cost of Deck 11, plus desire to have privacy and quiet. Thanks for the input!

You will be very happy with your selection. We had 9043(Summit, July 31, 2016) which is the identical of 9038, but, port side.

Marie

You will be very happy with your selection. We had 9043(Summit, July 31, 2016) which is the identical of 9038, but, port side.

Marie

We had Aqua 9073 - Millie Hawaii to Vancouver April 2016

Extreme water issues! Leak from shower had water beside the bed; after many calls we finally contacted our TA who was able to get us moved. We will never take an Aqua room again!

Also, we did not like the overhang or the struts which were in the way taking photos.

Edited by eyeseeu

We were also on cruise on Millie in April, 2016. We had shower issues on 11 also. Our slider was also an issue. Perhaps there has been updates when they took it to dry dock after our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are booked for July 7, 2017 voyage from Vancouver. We need to decide between deck 9, which I read has limited sky viewing due to balcony overhang, or aft of deck 11, above the bar? Aft of deck 11 has great reviews, but don't know if the music/noise would keep me up, we're early birds. We really want to experience the BEST view from our balcony, along with peace and quiet. Please help us select a room and/or deck! Thanks!

We just returned home this morning from Alaska cruise. We were in 1138. We have been in it several times and love it. We call it our room. It was cold and rainy enough this time so that the sunset bar was hardly used until the last three days. So no noise from there. I think privacy is fine if you are sitting on the balcony. If you move up close to the rail then you will be seen. There is a nice overhang to protect a good bit if it rains. The outdoor movie on 12 was on all day with the Olympics. Not sure who was up there in the rain and wind. We could hear it when on our balcony but somewhat muffled. Never ever bothered us but can't speak for others. Noise is subjective. We just love the location and the large balcony. Never heard noise in the room. Very quiet. We love watching the wake and sail away. It is a great place to sit and watch the scenery in the Inside Passage. We will always go with 1138 given a choice. And if it's not available will look at a different date. We did have very rough seas leaving Seward (which would be going into Seward for you). There were 12 ft seas and it was extremely rocky since so high on the ship. Neither of us got sick but I did take med that night. We had a fabulous cruise even with the cool, rainy weather. Your weather should be much different in July of course. HTH

Linda