Pride Itinerary

BigG1

We (husband, college age son & myself) are taking a last minute cruise in October. We can't decide between the Bahama or Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We don't want to spend a lot on excursions, this is suppose to be a laid back, relaxing cruise. Any thoughts on which itinerary you prefer? Thanks for your help!

As you can see from my signature, we are about to do our 7th cruise on the Pride, 3rd time doing the Eastern itinerary. Eastern is hands-down, no-competition-at-all, the BEST of the two itineraries IMO. HMC is a beautiful private island where you can spend $0 - $2000+ and have a fabulous day, however you choose. Grand Turk is another beautiful island where for little to no money, you can have another lovely beach day.

Freeport kinda sucks, IMO, mostly because of the short and early-in-the-day stop there, which doesn't allow for much. Freeport is on both itineraries, so that's a wash.

I like Nassau, but Port Canaveral is nothing but a take-the-shuttle-to-the-mall-or-Walmart stop, if I realize that we need/want something that we didn't bring.

Edited by ShakyBeef

It'd be a little easier to make a suggestion based on the exact itinerary, which islands in the Bahamas and which islands in the Eastern Carib?

My initial thought is the Eastern Caribbean is usually better.

Eastern is: HMC, GT, Freeport

Bahamas is: Port Canaveral, Freeport, Nassau

Both are 7 days.

Definitely Eastern Caribean. My husband and I did it last year on the Pride and this year we are going again and our son is going also ( adult). Shakybeef is dead on with the description. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Five times on the Pride, sixth in April 2017 and by far the Eastern Caribbean itinerary is better. Grand Turk beach at the ship, HMC tender to the CCL's beach meals included. Freeport we never do anything since the ship leave at 1pm.

We have been on the other itinerary too for a quick cheap getaway.

Enjoy which ever one you select!

Eastern, hands down. We've done the PC-Nassau-Freeport so many times that I won't even get off the ship in Nassau and PC. Freeport has a nice AI we go to but not if you have a short stop. I'm not wild about GT but at least it's easy. HMC I can't speak to as I've been scheduled to go there four times and missed it each time due to bad weather or swells. But it's gorgeous, I've seen it from the ship :rolleyes:. If you can get a long enough day in Freeport go to Grand Lucayan. Really nice, easy to get to, cheap.

Edited by Seago2

Thanks for the clarification Shakybeef, I figured that was the case for both but wasn't sure.

OP I would definitely opt for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, none of the ports of call on the Bahamas itin are great, and Grand Turk and HMC on the EC itin are amazing!

Another vote for Eastern:D:D

HMC and GT are AMAZING, cheap beach days. And just beautiful.

You could always get off for a bit in Freeport and just poke around the newer port shops, grab a drink at Senor Frogs, and then hop back on the ship and enjoy the almost empty ship.......

Enjoy your cruise!:D

another for the eastern. we take a cruise on the pride every spring break. and we definitely like the eastern Caribbean better than the Bahama itinerary.

HMC is a great beach day.

Grand Turk we spend the day at the margaritaville pool which is free.

Freeport we stay on the ship and relax at the serenity pool which will be empty because most people are ashore.

Easiest decision you'll ever make - Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and Freeport.

Well, two out of three ain't bad. HMC and GT are the best beach stops for saving money. HMC is spectacular. At GT, you can just walk back to the ship for lunch and then head back to the beach. HMC lunch is at the beach.

BLUF: You will have a great time regardless of which one you pick because the thing that both itineraries have in common is three sea days! That's where the real relaxing happens for me!:D

We did the Port Canaveral-Nassau-Freeport itinerary three years ago and had a great time. In PC we took the excursion to Disney Epcot...it was my wife's first time and she was hooked! We did a Disney vacation last year based on that great experience. In Nassau we got day passes at the British Colonial Hilton and relaxed on the beach there all morning - it's $65pp, but $45 of that is a food voucher, which you can use to order food n drinks from a waiter who comes to your beach chairs! We also did Straw Market, Watlings Rum Distillery, Grey Cliff cigar factory, and Atlantis! I agree with all the above posters: Freeport sucks. We just went to the shopping center and browsed, had some conch, had a drink at Senor Frogs, and were back on the ship in plenty of time.

We are going to be on the GT-HMC-Freeport sailing on Pride 23Oct and are really looking fwd to it! You will have a great time no matter what because you will be on a cruise!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Eastern it is! We are booked for October 2nd, now just hoping the weather cooperates. Thanks to everyone who made the decision for me!

We just booked the October 2nd cruise as well and I am so relieved to hear everyone say it is the better option!!:)

The Bahamas itinerary is more economical, but the Eastern itinerary is better.

We did the Bahamas one for our wedding cruise. It fit everyone's schedule and budget :o. We had the Eastern itinerary booked the following year for our 1st Anniversary, but DH had to have emergency surgery, so we had to cancel (thankfully we had travel insurance!)

We still want to do the Eastern itinerary one of these days.

Just a question about the Bahamas itinerary having never sailed Pride. What is the point of stopping in Port Canaveral? That just seems like a waste. What do you do there? I assume you get off the ship in the same terminal that you would go in and out of if doing a cruise from PC.

I'd just as soon have an extra sea day.