Diamond Princess - Kumano Fireworks on board

HiMagicFan

Aloha! I am currently on the Diamond Princess - 9 day Kumano trip.

1. Beware: Carnival Princess is the booking agency for the cruise excursions and your excursions will be "held" from the first full day. So if you are using one credit card throughout your trip, you may want to take another one just in case. I was planning to use my card after the cruise was over and paid cash on board. However, the notifications from my credit card let me know that Princess went ahead and "held" the charges. Even tho I pay in cash, the hold will not be released until after the cruise is over....and note that they don't do business such as this on Sat or Sunday.....just saying beware.

2. The cost to wash is $3.00 US and dry is $3.00 US and the soap/dryer sheets are $1.50. You swipe your cruise card and you will get tokens. The cost will appear on your folio.

3. If you pre-pay your gratuities, they may not show up on your folio. We are about half way through and no gratuities have been posted and no pre-payment is shown on my account.

4. The fireworks was viewed from on ship - even though the cruise information says tender. It was an awesome experience. Do it again? Yup.

5. The check in process was one of the easiest I have ever experienced. It helps that we are on the preferred line, however, the regular line was moving as smoothly that the weight didn't seem long at all. We got in about 2pm. Kinda short to get situated on board because lunch and sail away just flowed into each other. So was (am) still getting lost on port and starboard - forward and aft. Yikes.

Signing off....be back later.

3. If you pre-pay your gratuities, they may not show up on your folio. We are about half way through and no gratuities have been posted and no pre-payment is shown on my account.

Correct, the only place it will show is in your cruise personalizer and there it will show the gratuities as being prepaid. We did the same thing and there were never any debits or credits posted to the onboard account reference gratuities.