Pirates Cove Beach in Barbados

HS2BS

Nope, I've only been to the boatyard also. The Barbados board is probably slow because not many ships sail there, since it requires a southern Caribbean route, which is more expensive and requires airfare to San Juan, so there's just gonna be less people with knowledge about it or plans to go there. Barbados is one of my favorite islands. From my research there are some beaches on Barbados that are dangerous for swimming because of the tides and the big waves. I would check trip advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted on the Barbados venue but there has been zero responses. We usually go to the Boat Yard, but would like a change. Has anyone been to the Pirates Cove Beach Club?

Hal

Pirate's Cove is located on Brownes Beach in Caryle bay, close to the cruise port. It's your typical beach club/bar, but is quite new.

Edited by Arzeena

Nope, I've only been to the boatyard also. The Barbados board is probably slow because not many ships sail there, since it requires a southern Caribbean route, which is more expensive and requires airfare to San Juan, so there's just gonna be less people with knowledge about it or plans to go there. Barbados is one of my favorite islands. From my research there are some beaches on Barbados that are dangerous for swimming because of the tides and the big waves. I would check trip advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really?! :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous reason for lack of answers! Hope you are aware that you don't have to go to San Juan to have Barbados as a port stop on a cruise.

We were at the Boatyard in February 2016 and didn't notice Pirate's Cove. It looks like it would be next door to the Boatyard. We will definitely look for it in 2017 - couldn't find it on trip advisor either.

Really?! :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous reason for lack of answers! Hope you are aware that you don't have to go to San Juan to have Barbados as a port stop on a cruise.

Fewer cruises going there = fewer people who have been there = fewer people able to an answer the question. Makes sense to me.

It is only during the summer season that the Caribbean has fewer ships, when a good number are either in Alaska or Europe. Every time we have been in Barbados there has been four or more docked on both sides of the dockage. In February there were six ships and it was very crowded everywhere. The Boatyard was turning away people! If indeed, the Pirates Cove is new or has had a name change it was after high season; therefore limited visitors to the island and beaches.

Hal