Celebrity Cruise for Solos?

koss78b2

For all of you who have sailed on Celebrity? I have sailed NCL, Carnival before as a solo and felt i fit in?

Would it be ok to be solo on a Celebrity cruise. this is for Constellation ship for Med Cruise I am thinking

has anyone on here sailed Celebrity solo?

Do all ships have a Buffet to eat at and is it open for all meals?

as i prefer to eat their vs dining room. as solo in dining room can be awkward lol.

thanks

For all of you who have sailed on Celebrity? I have sailed NCL, Carnival before as a solo and felt i fit in?

Would it be ok to be solo on a Celebrity cruise. this is for Constellation ship for Med Cruise I am thinking

as i prefer to eat their vs dining room. as solo in dining room can be awkward lol.

thanks

My recommendation ius that you join the roll call of the cruise you're considering. That way you'll get to know some of the folks you'll be cruising with, and might be able to join some of those folks for meals.

I sail solo a lot, and have never felt uncomfortable on Celebrity ships. I especially like Constellation....

Just do it!!!!

I cruise solo and love Celebrity and Princess. There are many times that I have friends onboard. I would never eat dinner in the buffet. Either take traditional dining, or go for Select and show up and they will seat you with others. Once I was just me and I had Aqua Class and eating in Blu was great. I made friends and had a great cruise.

Have cruised twice alone on the Constellation and am getting ready to do another solo on the Summit in November. I always went to the dining room and ate alone at a table for two. I really enjoyed it....it was not awkward. met lots of people at the pool daily. I went to all the shows and really loved my alone time from family....I got to read a lot and get up super early without worrying about waking the family.

Hi there, I was on the Constellation for a 12 day cruise in the Med in May. It was my first trip to Europe and I was solo. It was fantastic and the cruise allowed me to be comfortable traveling by myself. I enjoy eating in the dining room when I travel solo. I like the comradry of the fixed table-time feature this venue allows. If you find its not a good match, that can be changed. It took me only about two weeks after I returned home to book my next cruise.

I second the suggestion to join the Roll Call for your cruise. You may be able to join others from the Roll Call who have private excursions planned in some ports.

The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I would suggest you do Select Dining that way you can eat when you are ready. When you show up the hostess will ask if you want a shared table. You can then dine with others who want to share a table and make some friends. If you don't click with anyone at that table you can join a different table the next night.

On some sailing we have been on Celebrity has had a solo travelers lunch. Check the daily Celebrity Today as it would be listed in there.

thanks

Hi Koss,

I agree with the previous posts, in that Celebrity would be excellent for a Solo, and yes, the buffet is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Totally agree about participating on your Roll Call. I can't tell you how many wonderful friendships I've made with our members on the Roll Calls. It's well worth your time to go over and introduce yourself. In all honesty, it's a heck of a lot easier to introduce yourself "virtually" then to walk up to a total stranger in person. Take it from a single man who knows ! :)

Lastly, even if you dont make any friends on the Roll Call - which is HIGHLY unlikely, here's another tip - on the first afternoon of your Cruise, visit the Dining room and say hello to the Restaurant Manager. Tell Him/Her you are single, and there's a good chance they will find a table that could be a good fit for you. It never hurts to ask. On many sailings, there's also a Singles get together early in the Cruise (usually the first or second day), so keep an eye out for it, on the message board by guest relations.

I hope this helps, and I wish you a wonderful Cruise.

Edited by Host Andy

thanks

I cruised solo on the Constellation last month.

I felt very comfortable.

In fact, I am on another Constellation solo cruise in October.

I chose the dining room and a large table.

Met some great people.

As well, I used the roll call to book private shore excursions and also met some of the nicest people.

People that I shared drinks with through out the cruise.

I had a very good experience.

Clark

I'm doing a solo on Connie in Nov and my first time with Celebrity. I've joined the roll call and there are some lovely people on there. I can't wait. I've done 3 cruises in last 3 years all on my own and I did a land holiday earlier this year and the land holiday felt really lonely. Past cruises have been great and met some brilliant people!! There are times when I want to be on my own and that's easy enough to do. Go ahead and enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cruise solo often, mostly on Celebrity. Love it! Cruisers are just downright friendly people.

As for dining, I always choose traditional, if I can get it. I like getting to know people over the course of the cruise, and having the same dinner partners helps with that. If you get a table that is a bust, you can always ask the maitre d' for a change. I did have one cruise where I had Select, and the first night they said they didn't have tables to share, so I was at a table by myself. That wasn't the most fun, but after that, I just found people to tag along with at dinner time.

I'll be on the Reflection again in a week - can't wait!!

A year after my DH passed away, I booked a cruise on the Summit to Bermuda as Solo, I choose Select dining and was seated with 3 wonderful ladies. One of them became my friend and now we cruise together. We have our own cabins, which give us privacy and flexibility.

Go for it - you will not be disappointed.