San Juan on Thanksgiving

Luv my furbaby

• 1 month later...
Will be arriving in San Juan on Thanksgiving day (2days pre-cruise) and staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan. I understand not much is open that day - will restaurants be open?

If all else fails, dinner will be at the beach and consist of a liquid with an umbrella in it! LoL!! Are you on the Nov. 26th sailing? Adv. of the Seas...

• 2 weeks later...

I was in San Juan Thanksgiving 2014 & everything was open in OSJ, you couldn't even tell it was a holiday. I had dinner at one of the restaurants at El Convento but it was Puerto Rican food not traditional Thanksgiving dinner & was really good. BTW I'm on the Adventure 26th sailing also! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I was there on Thanksgiving Day in 2015 and everything was closed. At least everything we wanted, like the Forts and numerous restaurants. Shops were still open though. You should be fine shopping, but unfortunately you will have to save your OSJ exploring time with the forts and lots of the good restaurants (ie the family owned ones that we prefer) for Friday or Saturday.

Enjoy San Juan, it's one of my long-time favorites :)

This year I'm in Condado instead of OSJ, interested to see what will be open. My flight was delayed so I ended up being a day late & exhausted. I was already exhausted so I will probably mostly stay at my resort on Thanksgiving anyway. So much for my plans!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Puerto t Rico is U.S Territory.

Up to you but were it me, I would telephone to the fine dining room at t The Ritz Hotel o r St. Regis and inquire if they are taking reservations for dinner.

Edited by sail7seas