Okay, so what's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise... and the worst?

jeepers13

I'll start:

I remember the cold curry Apple soup, which I later made at home. Delicious.

And eight years later, we still talk about the white chocolate bread pudding. Oh my gawd.

I can't really think of anything bad we've had, but I'm sure there are some stories out there.

The best thing I had on a Carnival ship was duck confit which I had on the Valor in 2010. It is not on the menu any longer. It is hard to come up with the worst, but I didn't care for the Jamaican jerk chicken I had on one cruise. For the most part, I like pretty much everything I have gotten.

They have the best room service Ham and cheese sandwich w/Cesar salad. Or maybe it was so good because I puked my guts out the entire day prior due to rough seas from a tropical storm.

I hope to try the melting cake this time around with vanilla ice cream, the tropical storm ruined my chances last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looooooooved the white chocolate bread pudding last month but the filet in the steakhouse gets the win by just a smidge.

The only thing we didn't really like was the pasta fagiole. It was heavy on the fagiole but light on the pasta. Kinda just uninspiring bean soup.

But we were very happy with most everything we ate on board.

Worst-Most everything Mexican-burrito bar on the Splendor, Iguana, lunch Mexican buffet.

Most memorable was the scallop appetizer on the Inspiration. Was almost as good as the Cabo San Lucas prepared scallops on the Miracle MR Journey cruise.

That whole chef prepared meal was fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Best thing was an Indian Dinner of various dishes. This was NOT the Indian vegetarian option. It included a lamb shank and was on the regular menu on the Conquest in 2004. We have never seen it on the menu since. The worst was beef stroganoff. :eek:

Edited by Bandman

My favorite was the caramelized lemon custard with basil ice cream (no longer served), and the worst was a lobster I got several cruises ago that smelled and tasted like ammonia. One tiny bite was more than enough. I didn't want to complain, so I just ordered another and left the first one sitting there. The second one was much better, not fabulous, but much better. I have this thing about complaining about my food. I worry what might be done to my reorder in retaliation... not just on a cruise ship, but at any restaurant.

I also loved the scallop appetizer last year. WHy not offer an entree portion??. I give up on the steak, flat iron that is, just tough. I'll pay the $20 when I'm in the mood for a delicious cut of beef.

So tired of the creamy mousse -like desserts they offer in the Lido Buffet. They seem to just be different colors..:(

Best thing was an Indian Dinner of various dishes. This was NOT the Indian vegetarian option. It included a lamb shank and was on the regular menu on the Conquest in 2004. We have never seen it on the menu since. The worst was beef stroganoff. :eek:

Can preorder a Non-Vegetarian Indian meal the night before. There are many, many dishes on there. One of the proteins gets exchanged for a meat. Never had one I didn't like (if I liked the ingredients, eggplant makes me shudder)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The best was a beef dish that had half of it as a well cooked brisket roast and another half a finer cut, perfectly cut and matched, with a nice small scalloped potatoe dish and nice vegetables.

All cold fruit soups....

Perfect fresh sliced fruit plates in dining and room service....

And room service BLT's...LOL.

This beef dish was better tasting than their prime rib and I know my good meat. Prime was thin cut and ok however.

Worst: undercooked crab cake, stale perfect looking apple and caramel drizzled tart dessert, and stale bread and butter on one cruise...seriously. Even steak house sides were off..salad and mushrooms. Do not go on a cruise that is right before a longer transition cruise and then a major change for that ship. It was like they were using the old stuff up and service was off.

Carnival can do an amazing job with good banquet style options in main and a great steakhouse. Really looking forward to trying Chef's table next time. Also the fresh carving sandwiches, Mongolian wok, and an Indian special order as previously mentioned are on my radar. The food is amazing at the price point....and many more options than you would have per meal at most restaurants at same food quality level...the value of bulk purchasing.

Edited by sjn911