Okay, so what's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise... and the worst?

jeepers13

Taste is so subjective. Someone didn't like the bitter and Blanc, but I LOVE it. I was so disappointed that Magic didn't have it this time. Does anyone know if it been eliminated altogether from the new American table/feast menus, or if there's a chance I'll have it again in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going to list more than one. My bests are the salsa that you find on the lido deck in the afternoon. It was on The fascination and Elation but I haven't found it on the bigger ships.

On the Sunshine I ate some sort of quinoa salad from the buffet in the afternoon, that was delicious! Does anyone know what that was?!?

My worst- flat iron steak from the everyday MDR menu. Just not good.

Best...something from the steakhouse, surely... I suppose the steakhouse ahi, though the crab cake, shrimp cocktail (at steakhouse), filet, chocolate sampler, and salads are also divine there. I love their version of th Caesar as I can actually taste the anchovy and it comes in a fresh wedge. The Chef's table was also an amazing experience.

I'm also really partial to thin down vegetarian in the dining room (it varies but is always similar and good), the tacos at blue iguana, the tomato soup, pork chop, and Mac and cheese at brunch. I find plenty to eat. Good turkey sandwich at the deli too (I actually really like turkey sandwiches so this, to me, is more exciting that it sounds). For desserts, the first day cake pops are great and in the dining room, I enjoy the bitter and blanc and the cherries jubilee.

Worsts? Most of the bad things I've got was my fault (I.e. I didn't like the pancakes.....because I don't really like pancakes but just gave it a try. Th seafood Newburg always gets me though. That is so gross, and I've mistakenly ordered it at least 3 times once I forget it's gross again because it sounds good. Also, I find the bacon on lido disappointing quality (fine in DR) and I was pretty disappointed in the Mongolian Wok because the veg wasn't very good/fresh the one time we waited there and the spiciest sauce barely had flavor (people say it's spicy but, besides the Indian vegetarian in th MDR when requested extra spicy, I've yet tot see spicy food on a cruise... I understand it being a bit less spicy for a mass market crowd, but we really could barely taste the sauce at all and we both got the one recommended most spicy).

We're going out for breakfast this morning and this thread is making me so hungry!

We have so many favorites that it's hard to pick the best. Our standout meals have been dinner at Cucina, Bonsai, Chef's Table and the Steakhouse. In the MDR, we look forward to pumpkin soup, escargot, caesar salad.

I don't care for the frog legs.

Can't wait to have these as well as some new venues on the Vista :)

I don't think I have a best or worst, can't think of anything I just absolutely love. A lot of things I don't like but I'm not a real adventurous eater, I do try a lot of things though but have extremely sensitive taste buds so what tastes awesome to someone else tends to taste too sweet or bitter to me. Don't get me wrong though I can find plenty of food on the ship I like, no problem there, just nothing that falls into the love category that I can think of.

I think my biggest disappointment and this is going to against the majority of the board probably was the chocolate lava cake. I had my heart set on that. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate and the thought of a hot chocolate melty cake was a fantasy come true. I was so happy when it arrive. I took one bite and had a very hard time swallowing it, came close to having to spit it out. I know others love it and it's a crowd favorite but if I never see another I'll be happy. I've tried them at other places too and I've just come to the conclusion they are not for me. I love hot chocolate and the ships hot chocolate from the coffee shops are awesome but that lava cake is just a huge no for me. In fact I can't think of any sweet MDR desserts that I would order another of, though I'm sure there are probably one or two I'm forgetting.

Taste is so subjective. Someone didn't like the bitter and Blanc, but I LOVE it. I was so disappointed that Magic didn't have it this time. Does anyone know if it been eliminated altogether from the new American table/feast menus, or if there's a chance I'll have it again in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the Bitter n Blanc on the 8 night Mediterranean on the Vista, that stuff rocked my world! Seriously, the best dessert I've had on any cruise ship. I'm looking forward to it again next June when we return to the Vista.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've always loved the bitter and blanc dessert. I can't say I've ever had anything awful. I think my biggest disappointment is the chocolate extravaganza. Everything always looks wonderful and when I make up a variety plate it never seems to be as good as it looks. I also don't care much for the buffet scrambled eggs or the coffee. The coffee is way to strong and the eggs are pretty tasteless.

I have to say any thing from the steakhouse, Cucina del Capitano and Guys burgers. Once on the Conquest, the Breakfast buffet wasn't cutting it so the next day we did the MDR and it was the same story. However that was a one time thing. I now go to the MDR for breakfast and the food fine.

Worse was some rancid oysters from the fish and chip place on Liberty, and then again last year on Victory, they had battered fish and chips one night in the dining room, and it was all dry, cold batter, with a skimpy portion of fish in the middle. Left most on my plate, and trust me that does not happen often.

Best, I have a lot of those:D cheese plate on the dessert menu (with a nice port wine). I love the ceviche at the fish and chip place on ships that have it, as well as their bouillabaisse. Love the pumpkin soup in the MDR, and lastly I only just discovered the room service chocolate cake! It is better than any other cake I have had on any ship.

Best: shrimp salad they used to have on room service menu. Escargot in MDR. Beautiful prime rib. Cucina pasta at lunch. Mongolian wok. Filet at Sea day brunch. Key lime pie on Lido.

Worst: Escargot in steakhouse.WCMC. BLT from room service on white bread, not toast! Limp bacon on Lido. Scrambled egg stuff on Lido. Most of the deserts on Lido. Pizza because it had so little sauce and I'm not a fan of the very thin crust. Got a terrible steak in Steakhouse on Pride.