Bad ChoiceAir arrangements, really bad!

trailhiker

I just booked with choice air for the first time and am very pleased. They saved me thousands for two on a transatlantic. I also got to pick my flights. I went on the website as was the phone agent both looking at different options. It was also only $100 more per person to fly from Tampa instead of Miami saving me 8 hours of roundtrip drive time plus parking fees at MIA. I also made sure to fly in 3 days early though to not worry about missing the ship.

I just booked with choice air for the first time and am very pleased. They saved me thousands for two on a transatlantic......I also made sure to fly in 3 days early though to not worry about missing the ship.

How early would you have flown in if not purchasing through CA? If less than 3 days early, some of your savings is offset by the additional cost of hotels, meals etc.

How early would you have flown in if not purchasing through CA? If less than 3 days early, some of your savings is offset by the additional cost of hotels, meals etc.

Also when I say thousands I mean thousands per person.

Choice air got me flights from Tampa to Rome and Athens back to Tampa all in business or first for $2850 per person. I looked flights on my own with the same dates and the cheapest at the time was $4900 per person. The same flight I booked was $5700 per person. I looked multiple places and airlines and they were all consistently in that price range so when CA said $2840.99 per person I jumped on it?

So even if I flew in early a hotel, food and activities wouldn't have cost me that much.

Edited by theriac

I agree with Theriac. I priced our business class, one way tickets from San Francisco to Rome, and it was $5900 on British Air. Thru Choice Air, we paid $1631 pp. We chose our date, route, and flight. Once I had our locator number from Choice Air, I went to BA's site and chose our seating. Easy procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have arrived the day of departure only once and for a stateside cruise. When traveling overseas, there are many additional potential glitches. One is transportation strikes. The air carriers strike, as does ATC, as do the trains, busses, and taxis. It seems that every time I have been to Europe recently there was some type of strike surrounding my travel days. And, you can add traffic in a major city to the mix. The safest bet is to arrive at least a day early. If you are compelled to arrive on the day of travel I would recommend booking an early morning arrival, 6-7am. Be sure to cross pack with your traveling companions and have at least one change of clothes and basic toiletries in your carryon. Everything could work perfectly, but it's better to plan for contingencies.

Edited by 81Zoomie

I agree with Theriac. I priced our business class, one way tickets from San Francisco to Rome, and it was $5900 on British Air. Thru Choice Air, we paid $1631 pp. We chose our date, route, and flight. Once I had our locator number from Choice Air, I went to BA's site and chose our seating. Easy procedure.

We used Choice Air for our Oct. flights and this is our first time booking through them. I checked prices on several websites, including British Air. We got our first choice for flights, good seats, and saved $900...I'm doing a happy dance and hope that I'm still dancing when we land in Rome!! ~~Judy