Gift Certificate turns into Travel Agency

I made a cruise reservation through the RC website and have been making other cruise purchases there and paid deposit through website. I have been purchasing gift certificates through AARP and making payments with them. Suddenly today I see an Travel Agent notation on my Cruise Details as Deluxe Rewards Certificate Program. It has blocked my ability to see my payment balance on line and, according to the rep I talked to today, blocked my ability to make any payments on line. Has anyone else had this aggravation? Is there any way to fix this??

I made a cruise reservation through the RC website and have been making other cruise purchases there and paid deposit through website. I have been purchasing gift certificates through AARP and making payments with them. Suddenly today I see an Travel Agent notation on my Cruise Details as Deluxe Rewards Certificate Program. It has blocked my ability to see my payment balance on line and, according to the rep I talked to today, blocked my ability to make any payments on line. Has anyone else had this aggravation? Is there any way to fix this??

I Have the same thing with "verizon" gift cards. I was upset when I first saw it. But after calling. They assured me that I was still in charge of the booking. I was able to change cabins after they applied the certificate. No "travel agent".

You just have to call in person. To make changes/payments. No biggie for me.

I have some of these certificates as well and used most for my January cruise. I still have $300 worth and thought I would purchase more, but notice on the back of the certificates it has a different reference #.

Are you able to use certificates with different reference #'s? I was afraid to get any more if that was the case.

Oh and I just called and requested RC to email me a copy of the reservation. I originally booked on the ship, changed ships and rooms with no problem. It would be nice if we could just input them ourselves.

I have some of these certificates as well and used most for my January cruise. I still have $300 worth and thought I would purchase more, but notice on the back of the certificates it has a different reference #.

Are you able to use certificates with different reference #'s? I was afraid to get any more if that was the case.

Oh and I just called and requested RC to email me a copy of the reservation. I originally booked on the ship, changed ships and rooms with no problem. It would be nice if we could just input them ourselves.

If that say Meritz or Maritz travel then yes you can mix and match reference numbers. I use them all the time.

If that say Meritz or Maritz travel then yes you can mix and match reference numbers. I use them all the time.

Mine do not say that. This one for example says: Please reference that you are using the Destination Reward's Certificate Agency ID 293706.

I got these through AARP. I was looking to purchase more, but they had a different Agency ID # so I was afraid I couldn't use them for the same cruise.

• 4 months later...

I see where one can "buy" RCL $100 certificates for 1,000 Verizon points.

As to the details, if I can buy 10 of these, can I apply all to one cruise (taking $1,000 of the price)? Or are you only allowed 1 per cruise reservation?

Any phone number to talk to the booking agent for these RCL cruises?

Is there any catch?

I send my payment to RCI thru my on-line banking and when they get my payment posted (usually within 3-4) they send me an email with a copy of my updated booking showing how much has been paid and how much is still left to pay.

I see where one can "buy" RCL $100 certificates for 1,000 Verizon points.

As to the details, if I can buy 10 of these, can I apply all to one cruise (taking $1,000 of the price)? Or are you only allowed 1 per cruise reservation?

Any phone number to talk to the booking agent for these RCL cruises?

Is there any catch?

I'm on Verizon's site and don't see the GCs for Royal. Can you direct me where to look? I'd love to get a $100 one for our cruise in April.

ETA: Found that it's on my wireless account. But all the 1000 points does is take $10 off the price of the certificate. Yes, a 10% savings is nice, but not as good as redeeming points and getting the card or GC for free.

Edited by njmomof2