jewel in Athens which pier

Trying to plan a diy stop in athens using either the hoho or the express X80 bus thus trying to find out which pier (the Jewel) we will be in as my walking isn't great I will go with which is the nearest. Also if any one want to give me a heads up of what to visit and how much you can fit in in a day (want to be back on board with 2hrs spare).

Has anyone used the disabled asses lift at the Parthenon/Acropolis.

Not sure which pier but all must go through the terminal which is a general passenger terminal. Meaning you must go through security so times can be very long there. Then you must catch a shuttle back to the ship. Allow for plenty of time to do this as well. Also traffic is HORRIBLE!! Plan for that as well!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were docked close to the terminal. So we could walk off the ship. Other ships had to use a bus to transfer their passenger.

But it's quite some walking. We planed to do the HOHO tour. But couldn't find the buses. We asked a local for direction. He offered us a private tour, which was slightly more than the HOHO. But he waited for us at every viewpoint or at the Acropolis.

So this was a good option for us. I normally don't use inofficial tour guides. But he made a good impression and spoke German.

They took our passport when we checked in. Greece authorities required that. But we did not have to go through customs. So we could leave the terminal quick. On the way back we had to go to security at the port and on the ship.

What about a tour from Royal? Maybe they offer a tour with short walking distances.