Barcelona Cruise Question

Seaniemac7

Hi Everyone. This is my first post with a question about my first cruise. My wife and I will be cruising out of Barcelona on January 27th 2017, on MSC Splendida, and returning on 3rd of February. I`m really looking forward to my first cruise but the thing is we disembark on the 3rd at around 9:00am, from what I can gather, and our flight back to Ireland isn`t until 8:20pm that evening. Ordinarily this shouldn`t be a problem, except in my case I use a wheelchair and we will have two large cases and two carry-ons. We do have Transfers to and from the airport in our package but it`s going to be a long wait at the airport for our flight home. Our luggage is a problem if we don`t want to go straight to the airport. I`m wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if so have they any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Edited by Seaniemac7

Hi Everyone. This is my first post with a question about my first cruise. My wife and I will be cruising out of Barcelona on January 27th 2017, on MSC Splendida, and returning on 3rd of February. I`m really looking forward to my first cruise but the thing is we disembark on the 3rd at around 9:00am, from what I can gather, and our flight back to Ireland isn`t until 8:20pm that evening. Ordinarily this shouldn`t be a problem, except in my case I use a wheelchair and we will have two large cases and two carry-ons. We do have Transfers to and from the airport in our package but it`s going to be a long wait at the airport for our flight home. Our luggage is a problem if we don`t want to go straight to the airport. I`m wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if so have they any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

MSC often have excursions tailored for disembarking passengers with late flights.

They disembark, put their luggage on the coach, go on the excursion andare dropped off at the airport after that.

Here's the excursion offered in Genoa at the end of our cruise last April

disembarkatio%20excursion%20001.jpg

Pete

Our luggage is a problem if we don`t want to go straight to the airport. I`m wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if so have they any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

We have the opposite problem. We get in to BCN early and can not board until the afternoon. We have decided to use Locker Barcelona. The information says - Best location in town: C/ Estruc 36, right beside Plaça Catalunya. Your left luggage is situated at the heart of Barcelona, in the touristic and commercial center, right next to the main connections to the airport by bus and train and also to the port and metro lines.

I understand there are several locker locations but this is close to Aerobus.

Perhaps this would be an option for you?

Timm

Hi Ti2m, we also get into Barcalona Airport at 10:10am. I hadn`t really considered the arrival time. I kinda thought that we may be able to board early. I might just look into that option also. Thank you for your help also. Sean....

Sean ... Playa Cataluna is quite a way from the port at the top of La Rammblas, you would need to get a taxi from the airport if you are not using transport provided by MSC or who you booked with.

If you are being taken to the port from the airport again you would need a taxi to get to Playa Catalunya and back.

the airport shuttle bus runs frequently to and from placa catalunya and is only a few Euro.

If you're arriving at 10 am by the time you've taxi'd for what feels like half way round Spain :eek: (depending on airline) been through passport control, got your luggage and transferred it's probably going to be gone 12 anyway?

We arrive at BCN at 8:25 and the Splendida arrives at 1 pm. MSC representative told us boarding will begin at 2 pm and departs at 8 pm. That is the reason for us doing lockers. We expect to head to the ship around 3 after roaming around Las Ramblas.

MSC is not offering any excursions or airport transfer in Barcelona which I found odd. Usually if there is money to made they make it.

You've got a good few hours to look around there then Timm - a taxi from the lockers to the cruise port won't cost you too much either (maybe 20-25 Euro max)

If you're taking someone special - why not pack a plastic vase and buy some flowers from one of the beautiful stalls on La Ramblas?

I would recommend shore excursion from MSC as well . You will kill time and they will drop you in airport.

Hi All, I`ve been onto MSC and They inform me that there is no Excursion planned for the 3rd of February. They did suggest a company based at Barcelona Cruise Port who will store and transfer your luggage to the airport. This may be an option for after disembarkation. The Company is Bag&Go.

A: Although there are no self storage lockers for bags and luggage at the Barcelona cruise terminals there is a company called Bags&Go who are based at the Barcelona cruise port that can deal with your luggage storage and bag transfer requirements. This means you can drop off all your luggage and bags at the port with Bags&Go and go sightseeing right away. Your bags will then be transferred to your chosen destination and securely stored until you pick them up. This saves you time and inconvenience lugging around your bags or trying to find a storage location. You can just get on with your holiday right away.

Bags&Go

Moll Sant Bertran S/N

Terminal Trasmediterranea

Port de Barcelona,

08039, Barcelona, España.

This may also help someone else in a similar situation.

1fifthavenue, I think you may be right about the arrival times. By the time everything is sorted at the airport and transferred to the cruise port, it will be nearly time to Board.