Ken Rush leaving HOTS for RC Corporate in Miami?

Just read on the HOTS FB group for the Transatlantic that Ken Rush is being promoted to Entertainment Director for RC Corporate, and will not be the CD for the crossing. It didn't say when he's leaving, just that he probably won't be on our cruise.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Do we know who will be replacing him? Any guesses?

Edited by jules815

He was working primarily behind the scenes for a few years (since he left his regular assignment on Allure), preparing the new ships and bringing them out. He occasionally filled-in for CDs who were on vacation, and then he did a full contract when Harmony was launched. It was never "official" that he was returning to the regular CD rotation after this.

Ken went on break from Harmony on July 17, and Bobby Brown is now the CD through the transatlantic Oct 23. Royal Caribbean has not announced who the next CD will be. It is possible that Bobby will stay onboard for an additional month, as the usual regular contract is 4 months long.

Please follow the CD thread. I update it almost daily, whenever new information is available. Remember to read the last page of the long thread for the most current info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980

Ken was our CD on several cruises, starting with the Brilliance some years ago. Definitely one of our favourites, great attitude, not over the top effusive, gets along well with guests and (from what I hear) his colleagues on board.

Good for him, this seems like a well deserved promotion for him.

Michael and Silke

He was working primarily behind the scenes for a few years (since he left his regular assignment on Allure), preparing the new ships and bringing them out. He occasionally filled-in for CDs who were on vacation, and then he did a full contract when Harmony was launched. It was never "official" that he was returning to the regular CD rotation after this.

Ken went on break from Harmony on July 17, and Bobby Brown is now the CD through the transatlantic Oct 23. Royal Caribbean has not announced who the next CD will be. It is possible that Bobby will stay onboard for an additional month, as the usual regular contract is 4 months long.

Please follow the CD thread. I update it almost daily, whenever new information is available. Remember to read the last page of the long thread for the most current info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980

I did a quick search of Bobby Brown, and found a lot of favorable reviews. :D

I did a quick search of Bobby Brown, and found a lot of favorable reviews. :D

We had Bobby and his wife Becky on a B4B 63nt! Australian cruise and they were great!! Very nice couple and we thought he did a great job.:)

We had Bobby and his wife Becky on a B4B 63nt! Australian cruise and they were great!! Very nice couple and we thought he did a great job.:)

I heard he usually is with his wife. Saw no sign of Becky. He was paired with Hugo who provided the Spanish interpretation. Hugo was very loud but was also quite funny.