Food on the flight?

Jimsgirl

My cruise and flight tickets have yet to reach me for Nov 19th San Diego Hawaii cruise on Infinity.

They were in an office in Ft Lauderdale that is now unservicable, have been told the paper was rescued on Wednesday and sent to the Orlando office, that the tickets will be sent to me "next week"

Supposedly I go out of Ft Myers (Delta 932), change planes at Atlanta (Delta 514). Went into Delta web to see if I would get a meal on the AStlanta /San Diego flight.

Web page says neither of these numbers are Delta flights and even worse it says Delta does NOT SERVICE Fort Myers or Atlanta!!!!!!!

It just does not make sense Atlanta is a very large Delta hub, and I know I have the numbers correct.

Any ideas anyone. Should I buy (or take a meal ) for the flight?

Thanks

What is food on a flight? Seriously it has been years since I got one in coach. I was a Silver Elite with Continental and when I was upgraded I ate well but even in first class it is going the way of the Dodo. Most airports have some delicious and quick options now beyond fast food or a bar thing. I agree that you should plan to grab something there.

Over the summer we did the ATL-SFO route and we received a small bag of chips, raisins and a very small bun with some kind of meat on it, possibly ham. We were very hungry post-flight. ATL has a lot of places to grab a small sandwich or a sizeable take-along meal. Grab one or you're going to be pretty hungry.

For flights shorter than 3 hours, I think you can expect nothing more than beverage service along with some small, packaged item. For longer flights (not trans-atlantic), you might get a full-fledged mini-snack. If you want to eat, bring your own.

Archived