Maitre d' Wine Club/Wine Tasing on Golden

wolfsnare

Has anyone participated in either of these ? I didn't have a chance to on my last trip but was wondering if I should do it this time? Sounds interesting...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 4/03

Victory 12/03

Golden Princess 4/04 Golden Princess 6/04

The standard wine tasting isn't worth the time, IMO, but it might be interesting to someone just dipping their toe for the first time in the stomping vat. You get the cost of the wine tasting back if you order one of the wines for delivery to your table later.

The Maitre d' Wine Club is quite a nice affair. They do this in Sabatini's and have plates of nice hors d'oeuvres for sampling. The selections are usually interesting. They sometimes offer specials, such as reduced price of Opus One.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

Nightmare,

You are a hoot!

On the serious side, I've done both the regular and Maitre d'. I love the Maitre d' Wine Club, but it's more expensive. I think it's around $25 PP but you get to taste some really nice wines.

1952 - Excalibur (freighter)

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean

1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti

09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska

05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska

11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Nitemare, thanks for pointing out my shortcomings!!! It took me a second to figure you out!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tak8, I had also responded on another thread, but I know that the wine "tasting" is on the same day we are in St. Lucia icon_rolleyes.gif. It starts at 3:15. I'm not sure about the Maitre d' Wine Club. It will probably on Friday. On the 4/10 sailing it was held on the same day as the last formal night, and it was held at 3:00. It's hard to plan everything for a sea day when there is only one!!! I kind of wish there was at least one more day at sea. I LOVE sea days!!! icon_cool.gif

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 4/03

Victory 12/03

Golden Princess 4/04 Golden Princess 6/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You get the cost of the wine tasting back if you order one of the wines for delivery to your table later.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> In March they said you'd get a portion of the fee back.

Future cruises:

5/04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

9/04 Star Princess-Med.x2 Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

July 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Aug. 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean x2

03 Grand Princess-W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

03-Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess-x2 British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal

The fancy wine tasting was on a sea day and was the last formal night. It's too much on such a day. I will do this in a heart beat when we're on a longer cruise and have more sea days to enjoy. I believe that there was a captain's club party that day, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Nitemare, thanks for pointing out my shortcomings!!! It took me a second to figure you out!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_wink.gif

We don't cruise enough so I can't answer enough regular questions, so sometimes I just go for the easy laugh!

Archived