Yet another charter on sale before original guests are informed

Bobal

If you cancel on your own, you lose the deposit. If the CRUISE LINE cancels you get the benefits. So if you book two in case of a charter and it doesn't charter, you lose the deposit.

No, it's not true. And posted by someone renowned for stirring the pot so best ignored

Once again, contradictory answers. Guess those for whom the truth of the matter might be important had better confirm facts elsewhere.

I don't think any cruise line should have to notify every guest who books who has already booked. That would be like expecting airlines to tell who has already booked when you book a flight. I have cruised on the same ship with groups or certain organizations and because of the number of passengers you wouldn't know expect maybe if some wear name badges. Often groups spend sea days at meetings in conference rooms .

You missed my point, and that is probably my fault. What I was getting at is that if they are planning on chartering a cruise and will be bumping those who have already booked (you read about this a lot on these boards lately), then the guests who have already booked she be made aware. I have also cruised on ships (Freedom) where there were charted groups on there. We didn't know until a few of the artists (it was a country music cruise) walked by us that we knew.

Also, what the OP stated was that this was a 12 night cruise when they booked it and it is now an 8 night cruise because the final 4 days are being chartered. YES, RCCL SHOULD NOTIFY THE BOOKED GUESTS!

Edited by MrsKC08