private tour itinerary

oceanseagle12

Hi! We have a private our booked for our group of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) from the Falmouth port. I've read quite a bit and researched options, but none of us have been to Jamaica before, so it is challenging. I'm interested in hearing ideas about an itinerary that would be feasible. I'm gathering that the distance between Falmouth and most things to see or do creates a time challenge.

We are leaning toward something besides Dunns falls, as some in our group are not keen on climbing it. We've thought about Blue Hole. It just sounds like we probably won't be able to do much else. Any thoughts on what we may be able to do along with Blue Hole?

We'd also be open to doing things in the Montego Bay area if that itinerary makes more sense.

To give you an idea of our interests- we will likely avoid the more physical or adventurous options. We also don't want to just go to a beach and stay because we already have a beach day and we'd like to see more.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts!

I'm struggling with the same thing! I used this post to sort of help me (start at #54). They left from Ocho Rios so add a little time to the drive but I think you'll still be able to do things from Falmouth.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331862&page=3

We are doing this next week so I'll let you know. We are definitely doing Blue Hole and will probably do Bamboo Beach Club or that same beach as the post above. We might also just ask the guide to take us where he thinks we'd like. I'm pretty flexible for this port.

Here is a video of my day in Jamaica that started in Falmouth. I went to Columbus Park, some stores, Dunn River Falls, Blue Hole, and Scotchies. The Scotchies part is not in the video and I took it to go and ate on the ride back to Falmouth. So you can do a lot of things even from Falmouth.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Blue Hole portion separate:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Edited by NightOne

• 3 months later...
Here is a video of my day in Jamaica that started in Falmouth. I went to Columbus Park, some stores, Dunn River Falls, Blue Hole, and Scotchies. The Scotchies part is not in the video and I took it to go and ate on the ride back to Falmouth. So you can do a lot of things even from Falmouth.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Blue Hole portion separate:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Did you join a tour or ventured on your own? If it was a tour, do you mind sharing which company was it with?

• 1 month later...
Try Ricardo Riley at libertytoursjamaica.com. He did our tour and will customize it to include as little or as much as you want. We went to the Blue Hole as well as other stops and had plenty of time. He comes highly recommended on Trip Advisor that's how we found him. I had my doubts about Jamaica and he changed our minds.....it was one of the best excursions we've ever been on. Hope he can help you out.

I don't see any prices on their website. Do you mind sharing how much did your tour cost?