Nowegian's Night Out

EGCruisers

I understand Norwegian is now calling its "formal night" Norwegian's Night Out. Can anyone tell me what day of the cruise it is scheduled? How dressy do people get for that night? I would love to have all of us dressed up, but don't want to feel overdressed or out of place,

Thank you!

I understand Norwegian is now calling its "formal night" Norwegian's Night Out. Can anyone tell me what day of the cruise it is scheduled? How dressy do people get for that night? I would love to have all of us dressed up, but don't want to feel overdressed or out of place,

Thank you!

Are we correct in assuming you will be on the POA??

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

We did the POA cruise in May and the Norwegian's Night Out was on Monday night. You don't have to get really formal, just nice, not casual, and there were formal photos in the atrium from 5.00. There was also photos with the captain at the atrium from 7.45 to 8.15pm. We also took the opportunity to have dinner in the Liberty Dining Room as that is the formal main dining room and this would be the only night we would be dressed nice.

Edited by mongee

On the Getaway last year and on the Escape this year the " night out " was on the first sea day so Sunday . I did see a few couples / groups in formal wear men in tuxedoes etc but they were far more in smart casual dress. I think that the relaxed atmosphere on NCL means you could quite happily go either way. The have the photo ops set up in several places including the stairs in the Atrium and as per the previous post you can have a photo with captain I think it's 6.30 pm on our cruise but check the dailies if that's what you want to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

NCL does not have a true formal night, and it is never mandatory. You can wear your jeans and collared shirt to the formal MDR even on "Norwegians Night Out". Some people may dress up to celebrate special occasions on various nights, but I doubt you will see a single tux, and very few jackets. Then norm is more toward smart casual or resort type wear, and even more casual in some venues. Shorts are allowed in all but two. Think more jeans, kakhis and collared shirts. Lots of Hawaiian shirts. You will see a variety of dress on any night. No one pays any attention, so feel free to dress to the nines if you like, or not. You can view their dress code on the website.