Just off Jewel - Greek Isles -Any questions?

So pleased to hear that you had a fabulous cruise - we have this same cruise booked for next summer. Was the Diamond Concierge Effran ? and if so do you know if he is coming back to the Jewel ?

Our diamond concierge was Efran but he only had one more week and then was going on vacation for 3 months. But he said he planned to return to Jewel after his vacation :)

He was wonderful!!

Just finished a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Jewel 8/14/16. After months of planning and anticipation, was an amazing vacation.

I'm happy to read that you had a wonderful vacation. On an Italian forum, many people are complaining about this cruise: poor service, dirty staterooms, low quality food and the inappropriate behaviour of many (Italian) cruisers.

I'm happy to read that you had a wonderful vacation. On an Italian forum, many people are complaining about this cruise: poor service, dirty staterooms, low quality food and the inappropriate behaviour of many (Italian) cruisers.

The ship was totally booked, and staff struggled to keep up with cleaning up around pool during sea days, but I didn't feel it was dirty. There were many Italians on this sailing, I think 1400 but I can't say I saw any inappropriate behavior. Around the pool, many chair hogs and towels left but I've seen that on every cruise I've taken. I thought staff worked really hard to handle the crowds, and my stateroom was really clean. As for the food, quality was definitely better in Chopps and Giovannis but the meals we had in dining room were good as well. Windjammer was always very packed as many cruisers opted to eat here for most of the meals so I think sometimes they ran out of items. My feeling is I'm not cooking or cleaning and I can smell the beautiful sea air every day, so there can't be anything to complain about. :)

Pleased to read you fell well on this cruise i love royal and what i read on the italian forum seems to refer to another ship or maybe another planet ;)

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

My best friend and I were on the 21 August sailing of the Jewel. We had an incredible time and didn't let anything bother us but it did feel like a different set of cruisers on-board.

Yes, the ship was packed so hard to find a deck chair. I'm quite content to grab a towel and hang out in the low water of the pool or on the edge around it. By 12:00 there wasn't even a place there. I got up to get a drink at the bar and by the time I came back the spot aside my beach bag was taken. During the parade of nations my friend stood up to see better and in under a minute two younger ladies swooped in and took his seat.

I heard people saying the ship was dirty but didn't ever see any signs of it.

As for the food, the dining room menus were standard RCL offerings and were quite good to me. The windjammer seemed the same - I typically cruise some of the bigger ships so noticed there were fewer options in the buffet but that's to be expected.

Crew were incredible - but then I think Royal's crew are always great.

The Jewel is stunning, the itinerary we did was breathtaking and I'd sail her in a heartbeat.

My best friend and I were on the 21 August sailing of the Jewel. We had an incredible time and didn't let anything bother us but it did feel like a different set of cruisers on-board.

Yes, the ship was packed so hard to find a deck chair. I'm quite content to grab a towel and hang out in the low water of the pool or on the edge around it. By 12:00 there wasn't even a place there. I got up to get a drink at the bar and by the time I came back the spot aside my beach bag was taken. During the parade of nations my friend stood up to see better and in under a minute two younger ladies swooped in and took his seat.

I heard people saying the ship was dirty but didn't ever see any signs of it.

As for the food, the dining room menus were standard RCL offerings and were quite good to me. The windjammer seemed the same - I typically cruise some of the bigger ships so noticed there were fewer options in the buffet but that's to be expected.

Crew were incredible - but then I think Royal's crew are always great.

The Jewel is stunning, the itinerary we did was breathtaking and I'd sail her in a heartbeat.

I totally agree!! Trying to decide on a cruise for next year. Hubby wants to try Harmony but I am leaning towards another europe!

Maybe Western. :p

• 2 weeks later...
We've just booked this trip for next year, did you happen to notice how much they charge for transfers only to the airport? They only offer excursion transfers on the website. Thanks

Hi.

I think it was 70 EUR per person if you go for RCCL's transportation (bus). My wife and I payed 110 EUR with private transport to the airport, worked like a charm.

Hi.

I think it was 70 EUR per person if you go for RCCL's transportation (bus). My wife and I payed 110 EUR with private transport to the airport, worked like a charm.

Thank you, would you mind passing on the name of your transport, we are travelling with my in-laws so a good transfer would be great. :)

• 1 month later...

We are taking our 6 adult children on the 9 day greek isle cruise in May 2017. We are wondering when the best time to book our flights is. Do the flights get cheaper via the Air to Sea website in the last couple of months before the cruise or should we book now. We looked at the flights a couple of months ago and then just last night and the cost has gone up just over $100 per person.