How would you do this...

IBRelaxin2

We sail the second week of December and since this cruise is our gift to each other we'll not really be decorating, etc. at home this year. So I wanted to surprise DFiance' with a small tree in our room. But how will I get it there without him knowing?? I can't pack it in our car as he'd know, can I send something to the ship, even if I had to order it from an online company. Or do you think I'd be better off sending it to our hotel and getting them to put it on the shuttle to the port (I could go down early and arrange it). Help! I also want to get a few things for him to have "under" the tree. (I'm talking a mini tree/plastic). Any ideas?

You might have some luck if you could find one of the places that delivers flowers...maybe they'd deliver one of those tiny little live trees or an arrangement of christmas tree branches (you know...the small ones) in the shape of a little tree? Maybe if you are artistic you could draw something and put it up on the wall or door? Gee, that's a tough one!! I'll keep thinking though.

If you're talking one of those 24" plastic ones that come with decorations, can you try decorating it beforehand by using twist ties to secure the decorations in place then putting it in your luggage? You may have to take an extra suitcase and if he questions it, just tell him you're taking extra shoes and a sweater or two for a chilly night???

As for gifts, if it's nothing big, just smaller items, spread them throughout your two luggage cases.

Or better yet, wrap a ribbon around your neck and say "Happy Holidays!". :D I'm certain he'd be pleased with that.

So I wanted to surprise DFiance' with a small tree in our room. But how will I get it there without him knowing?? (I'm talking a mini tree/plastic). Any ideas?

When we sailed on Disney for Christmas a couple of years ago, we bought a small tree at WalMart. The branches were wire and could be "bent" towards the tip of the tree. We were able to pack it in our luggage with no problem. We also bought a small strand of beads to wrap around it to decorate.

I would go with a small plastic tree since you will not be able to bring a live plant/flowers on board, especially when traveling to other ports. You can bring lights for balcony or your room....

hmmm...is there such a thing as a BLOW-UP Christmas tree??? LOL

Call Mort at Wellwishers.com or email him from the website with what you want. He can have your cabin decorated, with tree and lights...or whatever you want.

I've used him several times and can highly recommend his services. He offers worldwide service, too...hotels, cruise ships, anywhere!

............hmmm...is there such a thing as a BLOW-UP Christmas tree??? LOL
Yes there is :D. Go to the following link and do a search on Christmas Tree and you'll see a lot of stuff. I didn't look through all of it, but I did see three inflatable trees.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?namespace=main

John

Archived