NCL SKY to the Bahamas 8/26

kaf61

Is anyone else concerned that this cruise will be or should be cancelled? Given the storm that is heading towards the Bahamas and Florida this weekend, I'm not sure I'm comfortable sailing. I've contacted NCL twice and they said they haven't heard anything yet. In addition to the storm, I'm not looking forward to spending almost $3000 and being stuck inside the ship due to the heavy rain that is predicted. There's also the thought of my return flight out of Miami being cancelled. If anyone else is taking this cruise, I'm interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Is anyone else concerned that this cruise will be or should be cancelled? Given the storm that is heading towards the Bahamas and Florida this weekend, I'm not sure I'm comfortable sailing. I've contacted NCL twice and they said they haven't heard anything yet. In addition to the storm, I'm not looking forward to spending almost $3000 and being stuck inside the ship due to the heavy rain that is predicted. There's also the thought of my return flight out of Miami being cancelled. If anyone else is taking this cruise, I'm interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Your cruise won't be canceled. The potential new storm that they are discussing won't be here on Friday and your cruise will go out as scheduled. They may change your itinerary depending on the tracking of the storm.

The European model has it passing through the Miami area on Sunday and heading back out in the Gulf of Mexico. The US model has it staying in the Bahamas for a bit more.

Unfortunately, it's just too early to tell as it's not a named storm yet. The hurricane hunters are going back into the storm today so see if it's better organized. By this afternoon we should know a bit more.

Your flights won't be canceled coming into the Miami area either. The airlines won't cancel your trip because on Friday we will not have a storm here. You may have delays on Monday, depending on the weather. But the storm could be some place else or not be a storm at all.

Do you have travel insurance?

Yes, we have insurance. I'm not worried about Friday. I'm worried about Saturday and Sunday since the storm will be in the Bahamas at that time. Also worried about our flight home out of Miami since my husband has to be in work on Tuesday. 😢

Yes, we have insurance. I'm not worried about Friday. I'm worried about Saturday and Sunday since the storm will be in the Bahamas at that time. Also worried about our flight home out of Miami since my husband has to be in work on Tuesday. 😢

Unfortunately, there is little to know at this point in time. The latest advisory at 11 am is that the air force reconnaissance plane is currently in the system.

Last year at this time, we were bracing for a storm to come hit us here in Miami. I let go of plane tickets to head to see my daughter in Jacksonville because I was worried about not getting back to catch a flight to Hawaii. The storm never came!

Keep an eye on the weather reports. It's unfortunately too early to tell. Just be prepared that you will have rain while on the cruise. It's the bad part about traveling/cruising during hurricane season. Sorry to have the weather causing stress for your vacation Fingers crossed that it goes well and that you have a great vacation.

I'm on this cruise & I'm the one that made the original post about this. First it was Fiona which is nothing to worry about. Now it's Gaston & the other.

Yup...I'm worried for sure. Not thrilled with sailing. Water will be rough. Don't wanna be stuck inside the ship for 3 days. Will they have enough time to go to another port or will they circle the ocean. Lots of questions.

First cruise EVER that we didn't get insurance. We booked this spur of the moment 2 weeks ago....for some dumb reason we didn't think we needed it.

I'm on this cruise & I'm the one that made the original post about this. First it was Fiona which is nothing to worry about. Now it's Gaston & the other.

Yup...I'm worried for sure. Not thrilled with sailing. Water will be rough. Don't wanna be stuck inside the ship for 3 days. Will they have enough time to go to another port or will they circle the ocean. Lots of questions.

First cruise EVER that we didn't get insurance. We booked this spur of the moment 2 weeks ago....for some dumb reason we didn't think we needed it.

You can still get insurance, you just won't be able to get cancel for any reason.

It's too early to to speculate effects on the Bahamas and florida yet. It's not a named storm and could never be. Unless it gets named, the next update should be at 5 pm.