Disembarking Off NCL Jade

pterp

Thanks for the advice! Do you know how you can prearrange a taxi that will actually be there for you when you disembark?

Are you in a suite? We had the concierge arrange a taxi pick up for us in Venice and it was no problem.

No we are not, but I might contact NCL to see if they could assist prior to cruising. Thanks for the help!

I used this guy last year and have him scheduled again this year. 40 euro from ship to airport ekiprent@tiscali.it He was waiting with a sign. Had a Mercedes sprinter. I would definitely pre book and not expect taxis lined up in Venice waiting. There are a few but the cue was very long and the wait was too. If that guy isn't available just google search for something, but definitely have it set up in advance if you are in a time crunch. It's about 20 minutes barring traffic problems from ship to airport. I think you will have much better luck setting up your own taxi ride vs calling NCL and asking them to.

I used this guy last year and have him scheduled again this year. 40 euro from ship to airport ekiprent@tiscali.it He was waiting with a sign. Had a Mercedes sprinter. I would definitely pre book and not expect taxis lined up in Venice waiting. There are a few but the cue was very long and the wait was too. If that guy isn't available just google search for something, but definitely have it set up in advance if you are in a time crunch. It's about 20 minutes barring traffic problems from ship to airport. I think you will have much better luck setting up your own taxi ride vs calling NCL and asking them to.

Thanks so much for the advice- we were able to book with this individual!

Thanks so much for the advice- we were able to book with this individual!

Good. We have him booked for the 8th of October. I would also make sure you are checked in for flight prior to arriving at airport. The lines were much less for those who were checked in (British airways). I did it on my phone in the way to airport. Once arrived at airport it is a little overwhelming. There's staff available to point you in the right direction but it is a chaotic mess until you get through security. You should easily make your flight as long as you have someone picking you up, get off the ship as soon as it's clear. We were cleared for disembark from ship at 8:10.

I used this guy last year and have him scheduled again this year. 40 euro from ship to airport ekiprent@tiscali.it He was waiting with a sign. Had a Mercedes sprinter. I would definitely pre book and not expect taxis lined up in Venice waiting..

We used them in July with no problems. There weren't many extra taxis waiting like you'd see in say Miami. We did the B2B - apparently the reason they tell you there is no self-walk-off is because one of the terminals requires you to ride down in an elevator. We were at this terminal on our turnaround day. If people have luggage, fewer people fit in the elevator taking longer to disembark. On our actual disembarkation day - we were at a different terminal and walked down the ramp like we've done on all of our other cruises. If you just have a carry on - it shouldn't make a difference. Chances are you won't get that terminal on your disembarkation day anyway. On turnaround day, they give you a sticker that says "In transit - still on vacation" and you can come and go whenever you want.

We really enjoyed our two weeks on the Jade - the staff was wonderful.

Good. We have him booked for the 8th of October. I would also make sure you are checked in for flight prior to arriving at airport. The lines were much less for those who were checked in (British airways). I did it on my phone in the way to airport. Once arrived at airport it is a little overwhelming. There's staff available to point you in the right direction but it is a chaotic mess until you get through security. You should easily make your flight as long as you have someone picking you up, get off the ship as soon as it's clear. We were cleared for disembark from ship at 8:10.

How ironic- this is also the day we booked him for. I just realized you are on our roll call! Thanks for your advice on checking in- we are definitely planning on it as we have heard the airport is chaotic like you described.

How ironic- this is also the day we booked him for. I just realized you are on our roll call! Thanks for your advice on checking in- we are definitely planning on it as we have heard the airport is chaotic like you described.

Let's hope there's more than one of him because we have him booked for the train station! I think it's a taxi service vs one man outfit. I found on trip advisor last year when I was trying to schedule airport ride with early flights.

If you opt for putting your bags out the night prior, instead of carrying off, make sure to watch the daily newsletter for distribution of the color bag tags. They were available on a wall next to guest services. The early times go fast.

I don't remember seeing others carrying luggage off, but that's not to say they weren't. I do remember it being a smooth operation and our bags were off and waiting for us when we disembarked. The airline lost our bags on the way to Europe last year and we didn't see them till the night prior to getting on the ship so this year we're only doing carry on.

See you soon! We board the 24th.

Thanks Kim. We just booked him for our departure on 10/1.

• 3 weeks later...

sarah05 --- Hello, We are also on your roll call for Oct. 8th! My husband and I also have an early flight---so if you would be up for sharing a taxi from the port to the airport, we could share the expense. If that wouldn't work, no problem. I just thought that I'd offer before I also book a cab.

Edited by waypoint

sarah05 --- Hello, We are also on your roll call for Oct. 8th! My husband and I also have an early flight---so if you would be up for sharing a taxi from the port to the airport, we could share the expense. If that wouldn't work, no problem. I just thought that I'd offer before I also book a cab.

Sorry- I just saw this. We will have 3 people with luggage, and the person in our group who actually reserved the taxi said she thought it was only for 4 people when she had emailed him. Hopefully you are able to work something out- will be meeting you all soon!

We are back from our BtoB Jade cruise. We had a later flight at 1:20pm so arranged a 10:30am pickup. They were there by 10:15am with a van that could seat eight comfortably, just for us two. The price was 45 euros.

No one seems to mention this but there is a free shuttle bus from the ship almost to the people mover. We did not know about this on embarkation so were did the long walk with our luggage. On turnaround day we utilized this service both ways and it was a blessing after the long day in Venice.