FIRST time in a Balcony! Conquest 8280 - Need a Bungee Cord?

RecoveryDude

That's right KP, its your vacation, nobody elses on the ship....its all about you :rolleyes:

Not at ALL what I am saying, but as usual, you and your happy comments:D

It is MY vacation. And I could care LESS what anyone else is doing.

My vacation time is precious to me, and you can bet your a** I won't be "policing" everyone else.....

If that's how you like to enjoy yours, then by ALL means, knock yourself out.

Happy sails!:D

When the door is open, the air conditioner is off.

Not on all ships. If I'm not mistaken, it's only on the Spirit Class Ships. I know for a fact that it's not on the Conquest or Dream Class.

On our first cruise on the Destiny, we propped the door open during the day because we were waiting on the balcony for friends to come to our cabin and wanted to hear them knock. We were probably out there not more than ten minutes and when we went back into the cabin, the ceiling was dripping condensation from the humidity on the cold metal ceiling.

This is a pic I found online. It isn't mine and was taken on the Magic. I also remember seeing similar signs on the Conquest, Valor, and Liberty. Guess this makes it as close to a "rule" as it can get. Not sure what else would need to be said. People are gonna do what they want anyway. Just glad I get inside or OV cabins not on those decks.

5247b25d9cba480a1db8c2fb358d497d.jpg

Oh my goodness!

I had NO IDEA my silly little question would cause this much debate or controversy! ...I'm just relieved I didn't mention that I not only HAVE a Passport, but that I plan on TAKING MY PASSPORT OFF THE SHIP with me at every stop! :)

This is the first I heard of the A/C issue - since I have never sailed in a balcony before. I simply remember reading a "tip" a while back that said to pack a bungee to use on the balcony door, and wanted to see if this was still valid.

I LOVE my A/C, and have no desire to not have my cabin cold ... so if keeping the door open will inhibit my A/C, rest assured I will CLOSE my balcony door (carefully, of course, because I've also heard about the "SlamGATE")

Thanks for everyone's input! :)

Edited by RecoveryDude

Oh my goodness!

I had NO IDEA my silly little question would cause this much debate or controversy! ...I'm just relieved I didn't mention that I not only HAVE a Passport, but that I plan on TAKING MY PASSPORT OFF THE SHIP with me at every stop! :)

This is the first I heard of the A/C issue - since I have never sailed in a balcony before. I simply remember reading a "tip" a while back that said to pack a bungee to use on the balcony door, and wanted to see if this was still valid.

I LOVE my A/C, and have no desire to not have my cabin cold ... so if keeping the door open will inhibit my A/C, rest assured I will CLOSE my balcony door (carefully, of course, because I've also heard about the "SlamGATE")

Dude! You started this thread because you are entitled! Hahah...just kidding. Go on the cruise, leave the door shut, leave the door open, just don't flick cigarette butts from your balcony and you'll be fine!

This thread has been entertaining though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness!

Balcony veteran here. Enjoy your balcony. You'll never book anything else after you try a balcony cabin. Skip the bungee cord. Lots of reasons to use the door as intended. As a balcony veteran I feel it is my duty to also ask you one small favor. If you are not actually using it at night, would you please be so kind as to turn the balcony light off? Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :D

Edited by SeaScout

I only saw one brief mention regarding the wind tunnel affect if the balcony door is opened when the cabin door is opened. Honesty, if you try and close the cabin door when the balcony door is open (my experience is from the timing of hubby coming in from the balcony as I was tipping the room service person) the door slams what I consider so dangerous that I seriously think if a finger got in the way it would cut it off. Honestly, not a joke!

Oh my goodness!

No worries Jeff. When I saw your post earlier today I had an idea it would stir some controversy and apparently I was correct. Your subsequent attitude is admirable and I wish you a wonderful cruise in your first-ever balcony! :)

No worries Jeff. When I saw your post earlier today I had an idea it would stir some controversy and apparently I was correct. Your subsequent attitude is admirable and I wish you a wonderful cruise in your first-ever balcony! :)

Thanks !!! I really didn't mean to stir up drama on here - but glad if I entertained you!

And don't worry everyone ... I don't smoke, and I promise to turn the light off at night and also CAREFULLY close (not slam) my door.

#NoBungeeNeeded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why the doors are designed to slam and don't have anti-slam hinges? Just curious...

To make sure they shut. While the ship is underway, there is a lot of wind out on the balconies. If they didn't slam, there's a good chance that they wouldn't latch and then there's a whistling effect. Most experienced cruisers will just pull the door shut knowing that if you let it slam, it makes a loud noise that bothers your neighbors.

My experience with opening both doors wasn't exactly a good idea. I was on the Conquest, deck 9 lido had the first cabin off the lido. We opened both cabin and balcony doors and it was a wind tunnel. Everything was flying out of the cabin. Its funny if that was all that happened. People coming off the lido deck lost there hats anything they were holding, drinks, food and ice cream cones( kids crying, yippee) Couple of upset people. Apologies all around and a red face on my part. One more thing, closing the door in that wind tunnel I almost lost my fingers. Just something to think about.

YAA! 52 days till Mom and I sail on Carnival Conquest ... IN A BALCONY! It's my FIRST EVER BALCONY! (She's had them on Princess and Royal before)

My question: Should I bring a Bungee cord to keep the door open? I'm not sure how this works ... does the door swing "in" or "out" ?

By the way, anyone been in Conquest cabin 8280? Looks like a great location :)

My sister was in that same stateroom on her Feb. cruise! She'll be in it again this coming Feb. She said the Balcony door stayed opened by itself.

She said to leave something in the stateroom and let her know where it is....she wants ot see how well they clean! :D

Also, she said do not lean on the balcony, as she got some (maybe bleach) and it ruined her shirt.