New York Deli to Anthem of the Seas

hallasm

Great addition. This was talked about on here a while ago and a lot of people expressed interest in this type of food. Even better, no upcharge. Some of the attraction of the famous NY delis is the abundance of meat where you can actually have multiple sandwiches/meals. Not really necessary on a ship so a smaller regular sandwich is fine. Hard to mess this up and I think it will be good.

From what I saw on the video, it hardly resembles NY deli food.

As stated previously, they don't even appear to use the right kind of bread.

That being said, the same people who think that stuff offered in Sorrentos is pizza will probably accept Royal Carribean's version of NY deli.

If I'm having a steak, it will usually be a fillet. If it is good, all it may need is a little sprinkle of salt. However, from time to time, I have had occasion to consume a lesser cut and have resorted to Heinz.;):p I have a kid who will put that on a dog and there are times I wonder if he is really mine.:eek::rolleyes:

Kids embarrassing their parents - how wwuuddee - LOL. Was going to ask a "Brooklyn gal" where to dine in the NY area as looking at cruising out of there next year ... but then I noticed you're in the MD area ... :( - lol ...

But ya never gonna take Brooklyn out of this gal!;):p Wanna make sometin of it???:rolleyes: It was a great place to grow up and I am ever a NYer but I am happy that made my escape years ago. That said, I so miss good bagels, pizza and corned beef.:(

At least in Manalapan, you have some decent kosher style delis around. Up here in Morris County, not so much. I could go to Nana's or Eppes Essen in Livingston from work, but I sorely miss a really good deli.

Here in NJ, there is also a place called Harold's. I know that some of their locations have closed, but they also had the huge deli sandwiches, and served about 1/2 a loaf of good rye on the table so that you could make multiple sandwiches out of the meat.

I love Katz's. Maybe it's the name (being a Katz myself) but to me, that's real Jewish deli!

Harolds is awful, to include it in a conversation about Katz is an insult to deli. The great deli not mentioned here is Hobbys which is located in Newark, I know that sounds strange but Newark used to be very Jewish.

Hi all

Since we're talking Deli's, can anyone recommend a great New York Deli experience to an Aussie couple?!

We are staying at Novotel Times Square pre cruise and would love to find a good deli a close walk from the hotel.

Thanks to all the deli die hards!

Cheers

Amanda

Hi all

Since we're talking Deli's, can anyone recommend a great New York Deli experience to an Aussie couple?!

We are staying at Novotel Times Square pre cruise and would love to find a good deli a close walk from the hotel.

Cheers

Amanda

If you want to walk to a Deli I would go to Carnegie, but if you want to experience a "real" deli I would go to the lower east side and go to Katz. Its much much better and its real NY.

Hi all

Cheers

Amanda

Another for Carnegie deli , caution maybe long line to get in we waited 30 mins a few months ago, another fun deli is Ellen's Stardust at 50th and Broadway not a Jewish deli but it has out of work broadway singers and dancers waiting on tables and they get on top of the tables and sing very entertaining, also maybe wait to get in

Edited by George C

Another for Carnegie deli , caution maybe long line to get in we waited 30 mins a few months ago, another fun deli is Ellen's Stardust at 50th and Broadway not a Jewish deli but it has out of work broadway singers and dancers waiting on tables and they get on top of the tables and sing very entertaining, also maybe wait to get in

Ellen's is a diner-- yes it's fun (and touristy) but not a deli.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ellen's is a diner-- yes it's fun (and touristy) but not a deli.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct, I should have said it , only reason I brought it up is its location to the hotel mentioned. But also all these places ,mentioned are touristy but worth the visits