Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Caught up on all the 'scopes. Thanks!

VERY nice job on the Flowrider!!

I am 6'6" tall & my largeness will not try the stand up style. :) I envision a vicious wipeout and the 5th & 6th lumbar's going sideways.

I will stick with being on my belly. ;)

My lumbars are feeling it just thinking about it. I did a little boogie boarding toady with Owen and I almost pulled a 360 on my knees. I landed up top on the splash pad rather quickly. Not bad for a fifth time boogieing.

Thank you, Andrew.

You have a way with words, following just for the fun of it :D.

Wishing you, Lisa and Owen a most pleasant cruise :)

Thank-you very much.:)

Following along while sitting at my desk!

Dittos. Andrew impacting office productivity one post at a time. [emoji16]

I aim to please and distract one post at a time. That mission is accomplished right behind the one I posted earlier in the review.

I was at a corporate dinner and missed the live scope.

But glad the Genie magic worked ;) Enjoy and thanks !

So just to ask about some of the recent Star Class benefit debates: Are the mini bar snacks and non-Coca cola products included or an extra charge ? Would I still get my Red Bulls in the cabin?

I see you packed your iPad to TV adapter. Have you connected it and tried to stream anything yet? Anything I need to know to be able to connect? Do I have to have HDMI connection or will it work with the RCA jacks? Were you able to change the input on the TV? So many questions [emoji851]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will let you know how this works in a detailed post but not tonight. Please remind me if I forget, but I doubt I will. :)

Hey Andrew, forget the cruise reviews, how about a review of the carbon fiber Carve? I've had my eye on these for awhile but am afraid to pull the trigger. Every time I try any board (Mak/Ash/Fiberglass) other than my side cut Shuvit or Carve I revert to Noob skill level. Since you ride pretty much the same boards as me, I'd love to get your take on it.

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only Flowriding degenerate that has to take three boards on cruises, although I have the bigger bag since the third board is a boogie board.

Mil, I will give you a review as well but not tonight. In the next day or so. It might even come in the form of a periscope comparison. YTBD.

So just to ask about some of the recent Star Class benefit debates: Are the mini bar snacks and non-Coca cola products included or an extra charge ? Would I still get my Red Bulls in the cabin?

Matthew and Ron thank you both for the wonderful surprise. I was just happy to help with advice and suggestions.

For those who didn't see the scope tonight this is what awaited us in our cabin tonight.

aa939e912338805d5f420cc71200e8f9.jpg

It didn't take long to look like this.

1d597f3943b4d550bfae0386918ecd96.jpg

It was so good I licked the icing. [emoji6]

4bfb4daf4cb2855961d5864a43e3d1e5.jpg

Matt, guess what we need in this cabin at night as well.

ca18666b330bc1ee379f674236f5518c.jpg

Owen's bedmates all tucked in and waiting for him.'d have to say Carmen our Stewart is doing an amazing job along with her assistant.

1d34ccea7a6625fb84c94ae06b35a5f1.jpg

For your question in regards to if the minibar is included. We were told everything in the fridge is included and it will be refilled. In the fridge right now there's an assortment of pops and waters and extra waters outside of the fridge. There is also an assortment of small snacks in the fridge to which are included.

If I remember I'll ask to see if red bulls are, I'm don't see why they would not be. If they aren't I may have to send you a six pack to your cabin for your next cruise.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

Enjoyed your scopes tonight, Andrew! That balcony of yours is awesome!

Owen is doing great on the Flowrider. I wish I could get up the courage to try it, but I'm aftaid with my 2 rather newly replaced knees it would not be such a good idea. Still fun to watch, though!

Those cupcakes Matt sent you looked really good. Pretty awesome of him to have done that. I have avoided the cupcakes on our previous RCI cruises because I can see myself eating way too many of them, but I may have to give in and try one when we are on Oasis in November.

Enjoyed your scopes tonight, Andrew! That balcony of yours is awesome!

Owen is doing great on the Flowrider. I wish I could get up the courage to try it, but I'm aftaid with my 2 rather newly replaced knees it would not be such a good idea. Still fun to watch, though!

Those cupcakes Matt sent you looked really good. Pretty awesome of him to have done that. I have avoided the cupcakes on our previous RCI cruises because I can see myself eating way too many of them, but I may have to give in and try one when we are on Oasis in November.

Yes, a very classy move by them. I will also add that they were delicious, sugary sweet, were made with love and in now way involved the words diet and sugar free.

As for the flow riding I watched it for 4 cruises before I ever tried it. Watching is a lot of fun, just not the same as doing it. I totally get why you aren't doing it. My knees as hurting a bit while I type this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the scopes. I am on the Presidents Cruise and hope to do one. I'm kind of thinking about stalking mr Bayley and photobombimg him on periscope. Hope I won't get thrown off the ship. Lol. I thought Lisa looked familiar and I realized I talked with both of you on a cabin crawl back on the Oasis in May 2012 or 13.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the scopes. I am on the Presidents Cruise and hope to do one. I'm kind of thinking about stalking mr Bayley and photobombimg him on periscope. Hope I won't get thrown off the ship. Lol. I thought Lisa looked familiar and I realized I talked with both of you on a cabin crawl back on the Oasis in May 2012 or 13.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know I thought your user name sounded familiar. Just don't kicked off by the president. [emoji6][emoji33]

Hi Matt

That was very Awesome surprise for Andrew and his Family. Good Job!!!

I could not help to Notice, you have a Cruise coming up, on Sept 22, on Empress of the Seas. Will you be Periscoping?

I am sure I have it, but need your Periscope name as well, if you will be Periscoping.

I want to make sure to add you on my Periscoper Lists I have on RC Blog, and Facebook Group, "Royal Caribbean Periscopers",

Which I posted this evening.

Edited by CruisingKat71

I was looking at the ship tacking map tonight and I was surprised to see that we deviated our path by so much.

There was a rumour that there was "an ice berg dead ahead". I thought about posting a spectate thread on the RC Boards but then realized that it wouldn't really be "newsworthy". :p

57c5154c3ecd30f8ac44754e7b338a48.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Of course the real thanks go to Francesco - knowing him from our cruise made all the difference since we didn't even know your last name :D:D:D

As for the Red Bulls - I had asked for them ahead of time and there was a steady stream of them in the cabin. They are included in the Ultimate, but if they are in your mini-fridge in a regular cabin, they are still extra cost. In our Star Class experience it was all included.

I was just curious if that had changed, given the concerns some voiced over the changes in wording on the Star Class benefits page.

------------

And CruisingKat - my periscope handle is the same as on here MattinFLL. I've never actually scoped. I've always been a picture guy. But I have thought about it. Maybe Empress will get me to experiment. ;)

Of course the real thanks go to Francesco - knowing him from our cruise made all the difference since we didn't even know your last name :D:D:D

As for the Red Bulls - I had asked for them ahead of time and there was a steady stream of them in the cabin. They are included in the Ultimate, but if they are in your mini-fridge in a regular cabin, they are still extra cost. In our Star Class experience it was all included.

I was just curious if that had changed, given the concerns some voiced over the changes in wording on the Star Class benefits page.

------------

And CruisingKat - my periscope handle is the same as on here MattinFLL. I've never actually scoped. I've always been a picture guy. But I have thought about it. Maybe Empress will get me to experiment. ;)

Francesco left us a deck phone and has called in and dropped in to see if we are alright a few times. Which indeed we are.

We might be the most relaxed guests he has had yet. He visited us at the flowrider the other night and from talking with him and getting to know him he is made a good stuff. I offered the chance to ride with us and he respectfully declined. He said he needed to save his genie powers.

Thankfully he doesn't look like this Genie. [emoji6]

6c1c71034454ee39bef04f90e04f48df.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hi Andrew, I love all of your reviews, you are so funny :)

I watched your scope this evening and we have the same cabin in a couple weeks on Oasis, so excited!

Can you tell me about the outlets in the master?

We will be using the sofa as well, is it comfortable? I believe I read where your family had used it before.

I guess the exercise class and the thermal suite have been removed from the list?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Edited by croosieloosie

Scope Watchers Rock as well. Andrew was the First Cruise Scoper I Watched. Andrew inspired me to Scope, and look at me now, not only do I scope, I help get the information out there, where others can have the Same enjoyment, and Live Vicariously through someone's else's Scopes!!! [emoji5]

Let me know if you can, even if it is just a few days before your Cruise, if you might scope, so I can Add you to my List's and help you get Followers!!

Edited by CruisingKat71

You all seem to be having such a blast! It's so fun to watch and getting me more comfortable with my choice for next September. Thank you for taking time to do this. My Mom "listens" over the phone and I'll show her the videos as we wait for her surgery today to keep her occupied.

You and Owen are fantastic on the Flowrider. Wow! It looks like so much fun! I can't wait to watch people do this. Personally, I find it totally amazing!

Not to go off-topic, but I have the same tiger as Owen (LOL), but I carry my other one with me (he's a mascot, started with my DH). And, I think Lisa has a RX350? I had a 2015 and just got my 2016 in May. If it's the same, I just got a chuckle out of that.

Enjoy enjoy!

Heidi aka HCoutieri on Periscope

Not always, but the one for this itenerary is on day 3 in Dazzles at 10:30 (if I remember correctly)

I will listen for their names and if I hear them I will then ask their mom if grandpa does CC. It would be hilarious if I met them. Definitely worth a photo post on the review.

Would be fantabulous!....K.O.:)

I was looking at the ship tacking map tonight and I was surprised to see that we deviated our path by so much.

There was a rumour that there was "an ice berg dead ahead". I thought about posting a spectate thread on the RC Boards but then realized that it wouldn't really be "newsworthy". :p

57c5154c3ecd30f8ac44754e7b338a48.jpg

Remind me to never ever visit that island/town southwest of that monitor!!! Just saying.....K.O.:eek: Edited by Thetrail

I see you packed your iPad to TV adapter. Have you connected it and tried to stream anything yet? Anything I need to know to be able to connect? Do I have to have HDMI connection or will it work with the RCA jacks? Were you able to change the input on the TV? So many questions [emoji851]. Thanks!

I have the information you are looking for right here Luvmypups. I copied it from my last review and here is the single post link. I hope it will help you out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49518122&postcount=829

Hi Andrew, I love all of your reviews, you are so funny :)

I watched your scope this evening and we have the same cabin in a couple weeks on Oasis, so excited!

Can you tell me about the outlets in the master?

We will be using the sofa as well, is it comfortable? I believe I read where your family had used it before.

I guess the exercise class and the thermal suite have been removed from the list?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to the rest of the review!

The outlets in the master have two narrow rectangular slots and one round hole. Ok joking over. They do have more of the European style as the NA style.

There is one behind each beside table and one beside the mirror no in the washroom there is only "the shaver" one. There are enough plugs for three of us but I would want to think how it would work with 6 guests in here.

9dbd44c83c9cff00e9a04729f78229b1.jpg

We aren't using the sofa this time but when Owen used it before he said it was comfy. We aren't worried about the exercise class or thermal suite but I haven't thrown out the page that highlights what is included and at the end of the cruise I will post it.

I bet this is getting you super excited.

Edited by A&L_Ont

You all seem to be having such a blast! It's so fun to watch and getting me more comfortable with my choice for next September. Thank you for taking time to do this. My Mom "listens" over the phone and I'll show her the videos as we wait for her surgery today to keep her occupied.

You and Owen are fantastic on the Flowrider. Wow! It looks like so much fun! I can't wait to watch people do this. Personally, I find it totally amazing!

Not to go off-topic, but I have the same tiger as Owen (LOL), but I carry my other one with me (he's a mascot, started with my DH). And, I think Lisa has a RX350? I had a 2015 and just got my 2016 in May. If it's the same, I just got a chuckle out of that.

Enjoy enjoy!

Heidi aka HCoutieri on Periscope

Ok, that is a Twilight Zone moment.

Edited by A&L_Ont

The outlets in the master have two narrow rectangular slots and one round hole. Ok joking over. They do have more of the European style as the NA style.

There is one behind each beside table and one beside the mirror no in the washroom there is only "the shaver" one. There are enough plugs for three of us but I would want to think how it would work with 6 guests in here.

9dbd44c83c9cff00e9a04729f78229b1.jpg

We aren't using the sofa this time but when Owen used it before he said it was comfy. We aren't worried about the exercise class or thermal suite but I haven't thrown out the page that highlights what is included and at the end of the cruise I will post it.

I bet this is getting you super excited.

Thanks so much Andrew, have fun today!

I have just bought that same charger/surge protector. I noticed you aren't using the USB ports. Do they work ok? Haven't tried mine yet.

Edited by croosieloosie

Remind me to never ever visit that island/town southwest of that monitor!!! Just saying.....K.O.:eek:

I've been to Cockburn Town before and it didn't hurt anywhere like you think it would. It has a Margaritaville and the only thing that burned was the shots.

Maybe it was named by pirates who stopped at the brothel. When they all left with the same side effet they had the obvious name for the town.