Princess newbie feeling frustrated

Valley Girl of VA

...The balcony we were looking at was a quad and no, it won't be set up as a quad but it also will not be set up as a queen, per Princess in response to my TA's question. Yes, it can be set up when we are there but why not do it prior rather than having to remaking the bed?...

...Last question - as we are going west to east from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires, do you think it matters whether we are starboard or port? How much land are we going to see? Does it matter when we are in port.

Jane

We have gone from BA to Valparaiso and back again and trust me, you don't see land for most of your cruise. At the Amalia Glacier the captain will turn 360 degrees so both sides have a good view. Rounding Cape Horn, Captain Perrin went past in one direction and then did a 180 so the other side could also round Cape Horn. The only time it really made a difference was in the Beagle Channel when all of the tidewater glaciers will be on the port side for your cruise. You should sail through there before you reach Ushuaia. Due to missing Punta Arenas we had a leisurely two hour cruise past the five glaciers westbound but that was not normal. The cruise back to BA was also not typical and we skipped the Beagle Channel. Viewing the glaciers from our balcony was very nice! On your cruise you might only be sailing past the glaciers for an hour and perhaps in the dark, but you could probably find a place other than your balcony for that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The sitting area of the mini-suite occupies the same space as the Caribe balcony above so it adds an addition 9' of length to the cabin. The mini balconies are 7' deep.

I also believe that your TA is wrong regarding the beds in a quad balcony cabin. I believe that is only an issue with inside cabins. The two beds retract into the ceiling and there should be no problem having you cabin set up as a Queen before you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Then I began looking at the balconies that a couple of our friends are in. They too are in a connecting so I thought I would potentially go next to them because we are not night tim partiers. The room next to them is a quad and the lower beds can be made into a queen but not until we get there - why?

I believe this is true if you have 4 people in the cabin. If you have 2, they can be set for a queen.

Though - just because you specify the bed specifications, it is not always done when you first board. This is the busiest day for room stewards and sometimes it is not done until you get back from dinner. No worries.

Edited by Coral