Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale - Hilton/Doubletree

sallybrown2012

It looks like I can get a decent rate at this hotel in February - any experience with this one? It looks like it isn't too far from the port, and there are restaurants/shops within walking distance? All comments are appreciated (and thank you to the person who responded to a previous post with a mention of what I think is this hotel).

We've stayed here a number of times. If you can get a decent price I would say go for it. The location is great if you want to be able to go to the beach or walk to restaurants. There is a walkway to the beach over the road. The rooms that are marina view are not great, but again, you're paying for location. We've also stayed at the Westin, which is at the other end of the strip. A lot quieter, still walking distance to restaurants, and across the street from the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Location for Bahia is more central than the BW. We ve stayed in the tower rooms several times. It's a moderate hotel with good pricing on the Hilton site. And being steps from Bahia Cabana restaurant, where we traditionally hang out upon arrival in Fl, is a plus. Too, it's on the sun trolley route as well as steps to a main water taxi stop.

If you stay at the Bahia Mar, do not book the Standard room. Those are in the Marina building, which is detached from the main tower. They are the least expensive rooms listed on the Hilton website. We made that mistake in January of last year, paying $200/night for it, and it was terrible.

The Marina building was basically an old motel that was somewhat renovated to be a wing in the Doubletree, and not kept up well at all. It really could stand a complete overhaul, if one hasn't happened already. Bathrooms (we had two rooms) were old and very, very dated, and the carpeting in the room was pretty well worn and in need of repair. As well, one of the curtains in our room had been torn down and not replaced. Nitpicky things, but when you're spending that much on a hotel...it has made us avoid Doubletree hotels ever since.

In contrast, my parents also stayed there in January of last year in the main tower (Marina view) rooms and had no complaints. They had a balcony overlooking the beach and their room was very nice.

Location was good, but choose a tower room, not a standard room if you stay there!

The rooms used to be classified ( cheapest to highest) like this...

1. standard...facing parking lot in the separate 3 story building

2. marina view...facing boats and piers in the same 3 story building. I thought I read here that those had been updated in the last year or so.

3. Partial ocean view on sides of tower building

4. Full ocean view in tower

The tower rooms have french balconies, not full size.

We like the partial ocean view rooms facing south towards Miami. Usually a good value.

Edited by eandj

I've also booked here for our pre cruise night in February, on the advice of my awesome TA. He said it a little basic, but the beach is a hop over the bridge, and quite easy to get to some shopping! I hope we both enjoy our stay There!

Stayed there two nights in June and loved it. Great location, nice little market right at the hotel, close to airport and Port Everglades. I was a little nervous about some of the bad reviews but experienced nothing negative.

Stayed there two nights in June and loved it. Great location, nice little market right at the hotel, close to airport and Port Everglades. I was a little nervous about some of the bad reviews but experienced nothing negative.

What type of room and what was your room location?

Thanks!!!

What type of room and what was your room location?

Thanks!!!

I was in the marina building, standard room, on the second floor. Room (and I believe entire marina building) had been recently renovated and was very nice. Entrance to walkway to pool & beach was just a few doors down. Market was in the same building ground level.