Panama Canal Cruise

GatorGirl57

I have been looking at Panama Canal cruises recently and it seems like the DCL ones are very competitively priced with other lines that offer full transit cruises. I have done one DCL cruise before and loved it and would love to do another.

I see that the next two are San Diego/Port Canaveral and the third is San Diego/Galveston. I live very close to Port Canaveral and would love to do that one, but probably wouldn't be able to do it that soon (my work situation is changing in about a year or less, making this cruise more feasible).

I am wondering - does the Wonder regularly rotate between Port Canaveral and Galveston, or will it likely be Galveston for its next cruises...or any other musings anyone has. I know there is no way to know for sure, but I didn't know if historically it did a certain thing. Also, when about will the next cruises be released?

I would like to hear general experiences from others as well - I did a search and not much comes up about DCL Panama Canal cruises.

Thank you for any thoughts or insight you can provide. :)

Edited by GatorGirl57

I have been looking at Panama Canal cruises recently and it seems like the DCL ones are very competitively priced with other lines that offer full transit cruises. I have done one DCL cruise before and loved it and would love to do another.

I see that the next two are San Diego/Port Canaveral and the third is San Diego/Galveston. I live very close to Port Canaveral and would love to do that one, but probably wouldn't be able to do it that soon (my work situation is changing in about a year or less, making this cruise more feasible).

I am wondering - does the Wonder regularly rotate between Port Canaveral and Galveston, or will it likely be Galveston for its next cruises...or any other musings anyone has. I know there is no way to know for sure, but I didn't know if historically it did a certain thing. Also, when about will the next cruises be released?

I would like to hear general experiences from others as well - I did a search and not much comes up about DCL Panama Canal cruises.

Thank you for any thoughts or insight you can provide. :)

The Wonder is doing the Port Canaveral start/finish because she's actually headed for dry dock after the eastbound PC this fall. And will still be there just prior to her westbound PC next spring. '

The San Diego/Galveston is not new, I believe, as the Wonder has cruised out of Galveston before. Well, DCL did have a contract to cruise out of Galveston, and asked to break the contract after the first year (really bad sales) Part of the agreement to allow the contract to be broken was that DCL had to do "limited" cruises out of Galveston. But I'm not sure how long that will be for.

Our first DCL cruise (well, first cruise ever) was a 15 night Port Canaveral/Los Angeles Panama Canal cruise. We've also done a Boston/San Diego Panama Canal cruise on Holland America.

Panama Canal is a cruise worth doing.

We were on the 2012 EBPC from LA to Miami. I have to say it was the most perfect vacation I've ever had. It was 14 nights. There is a different show/entertainment each night, a different menu, and lots of fun things to do on the ship. The repo cruises are a great value, in my opinion, and I hope to do another Panama Canal cruise some day.