refrigerators in ALL staerooms?

love2travel41

On our previous cruises, we have always had a balcony stateroom which had a refrigerator, On this cruise (end of September--to Canada), it just doesn't seem worth the extra $400 per person. So--does anyone know if the 6B Oceanview cabins (particularly 1484 and 1488) have the mini-fridges? (I know they do not keep things really cold.)

Or--can anyone tell me how I can find the answer to that question?

Thanks

I've been in inside rooms, OV and balcony they all had the same mini fridge. I agree though not all that cold ;)

Several of the older ships only have mini fridges in the suites. The Sunshine used to be the Destiny and did not have the minis. When they added new cabins at they dry dock when the name was changed those new cabins got the mini fridges but not any others. Here is the information I found on the 2 cabins you mentioned. No mention of a mini fridge

1484 6B 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1 upper cabin connects to: 1488

View: window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

1488 6B 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1 upper / trundle bed cabin connects to: 1484

View: window

Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

I know cabins were added on Deck 3. This is what the description of one of those cabins:

3126 4C 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-2 uppers

View: no window or balcony

Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, mini fridge, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat

Note: Twin Beds do not convert to king configuration when both upper berths in use.

As you notice they mention the mini fridge. So I would think there will not be a mini fridge in the cabins you mentioned.

As luv2trvnow posted the room description provides the key. It will say mini fridge or mini bar. Not all staterooms have them Even our balcony on the Triumph didn't but my daughter next door did have one. So it is not a given that all staterooms have a fridge.

Thank you very much? Have you been in the sunshine? I read (can't remember where) that the lower deck on this ship does not have fridges>

No I haven't been on the Sunshine, its only been newer ones. My bad, hopefully someone else knows for sure :)

Otherwise are coolers allowed? You could always have your attendant bring fresh ice every once in a while :)

Sorry Dearabby 84 I gave OP the credit for the information. Apologies. Coolers are allowed but they are limited to 12X12X12. I don't know about other ports as Galveston was the only time we took one (on the Triumph) they were measuring them.

Sorry Dearabby 84 I gave OP the credit for the information. Apologies. Coolers are allowed but they are limited to 12X12X12. I don't know about other ports as Galveston was the only time we took one (on the Triumph) they were measuring them.

That's great that you were able to give the info! That's why I love Cruise Critic! So valuable :)

Edited by Dearabby_84

According to Carnival the only cabins on Sunshine that have mini fridges are:

"...all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2349/~/stateroom-mini-fridge

We were on the Sunshine this past January and April in cabin 6344 in January and cabin 6371 in April. Both had mini fridges, but not the built in kind. Both were on the floor ant the vanity area and the cord came over the counter top to the plug in.

According to Carnival the only cabins on Sunshine that have mini fridges are:

"...all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2349/~/stateroom-mini-fridge

Was on Sunshine in July on Deck 5 and had a fridge....going in October on Deck 6...no fridge.

I'll survive!

Wish I was in the same cabin for October....loved the location but it's sold out...

On our previous cruises, we have always had a balcony stateroom which had a refrigerator, On this cruise (end of September--to Canada), it just doesn't seem worth the extra $400 per person. So--does anyone know if the 6B Oceanview cabins (particularly 1484 and 1488) have the mini-fridges? (I know they do not keep things really cold.)

Or--can anyone tell me how I can find the answer to that question?

Thanks

Depends on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...