Israel Oct

gordylad

does anyone have any information on whether there is a chance that Israel may get pulled again similar to last year?

I don't believe there has been any warnings of immediate terror threats?

Always a chance. No one can predict what might happen at any time in that area of the world. I had 3 cruises that included Israel and made it once. Your odds of seeing Israel are increased if you fly and take a land tour, but a ship is great if the area is peaceful. I will try again, but be prepared for changes. Celebrity needs to continue to protect passengers and crew. They absolutely made the right call when they cancelled my visits.

The situation there can change in an instant. I would consider how you would feel if Israel were pulled off the itinerary at the last moment and take that into consideration before booking. I was lucky enough to make it two years ago when the rockets from Hamas stopped a month or two before we were scheduled to leave and the cease fire held, but it could just as easily have gone the other way. I am booked again for this year and hope we make it, but if not, I am prepared for a Greek Island cruise.

On the bright side, the cruises to Israel this year, as you probably know, are incredibly cheap for that reason.:D:D

does anyone have any information on whether there is a chance that Israel may get pulled again similar to last year?

I don't believe there has been any warnings of immediate terror threats?

My husband and I took a Med Cruise in 2011. We went through all the paperwork to get permission from the cruise line for a two night "pass" for overnight stays in Israel. We stayed in a hotel for two nights. These special arrangements were made in advance...months before our cruise.

We joined up with two other cruise couples for a private tour of Israel for those three days.

The ship was scheduled to move from Haifa to Ashdod on the third day. Well the day before that, Hamas launched a 'Grad Missile" into Ashdod. Due to obvious security concerns, the cruise line ordered the ship to stay in Haifa.

Our guide was wonderful and on top of things. He rearranged our schedule and he and his driver drove us back to Haifa on that last day.

More recently, we took a land based tour with our church. We spent four days, pre-tour, in Netanya, a coastal town. The rest of the time was spent near the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret). The remaining three days of our stay was in East Jerusalem (and touring all of Jerusalem). We were warned by our tour guide to stay away from the Damascus Gate during our free time (due to the rash of stabbing attacks).

All in all, we felt very very safe in Israel. The Israeli guides know exactly how to keep you safe and away from potential dangerous areas,once you are there and if something should happen while you are there.