Another, just for fun, thread

Happy ks

Oh sorry I forgot to ask in my previous post, those ballet shoes, where does one get them? I love the look and I love slippers and I'm looking for a new pair. I saw some on NM website but they weren't the real thing. I really would love a pair of the comfy ones especially in that delicate pink?

Any suggestions would be appreicated.

thanks

I buy them here at the Capezio store. I get a small discount because I'm a supporter/subscriber of the NYC ballet.

Here's the link for the Capezio site:

http://www.onstagedancewear.com/allproducts.asp?svl=Ad&category=Ballet%20Slippers

I like to wear the leather ones with the split leather sole. I have high arches and the slipper molds up to the arch of my foot. Also remember that there's no right or left and you're supposed to keep switching so they don't develop a right/left distinctive look.

Jane

Mrs. Moose:

Sorry to hear about your breast exam. You may recall that I lost my dear father this year. I am a former palliative nurse. I have several friends fighting breast Ca presently. There is lots that can be done. You also may have something like a cyst. I know that you are resourseful. You will be in my thoughts over the next days. Positive thoughts from all here will assist you. Huggs++++++.

To other members, we are getting ready for Hallowe'en with 8 very fashionable figures in our yard with spot lights. My DH has had a blast getting ready for the neighbourhood goblins.

Mrs. Moose, hang in there! We're all thinking positive thoughts for you.

As for favorite old clothes: I still wear a tan-colored Ann Taylor trenchcoat I bought sometime in the '80s. Classic style, lovely full cut, pleated back, nice deep pockets, mid-calf length. I was a size 10 back then (says so on the label or I wouldn't believe it now) and no matter how my weight has fluctuated in recent years, it still fits! I think of it as my "magic raincoat".

It probably helps that I only need to wear it in the spring and early fall, so it still looks great, and I always get compliments on it when I wear it.

Jane, thanks for the link for the ballet slippers, I might order a pair. I was surprised to see they had sizes for wide feet, it's so hard to find wide shoes!

My pleasure, Kathy.

I would suggest that before you order a pair, you call the toll free number and discuss sizing. Some of the styles advise you to order a larger size that your regular shoe size while others advise you to order smaller. I've always bought smaller sizes.

Jane

Land Locked, I hope you make it to Salem for Halloween, just remember to book roughly a year in advance. If you to much after it will be full. You might have a bit more leeway as they built a new hotel, but it does fill up.

It's fun, there is a witches ball (huge costume party), they have different dinner things, like the year I went, there was a famous physic dinner "show", they have a witches circle dinner, there is a lot happening.

Transylvania, I saw some things on the Net, there are tours specially designed for this and you see the historical part of Romania, it's not just "halloween". Thanks for the zappos link I'll check that one out too and see which one will ship to Canada or a better deal etc.

SilverVal, thank you and I have the same wishes you do. I hope they find a cure so no one will ever have to go through what we did or worry anymore.

Betsey's Mom, thank you. I'm actually in a condo, I have mine on the window sills, the Phals do really well, my cataleyas grow but don't want to bloom just now. I did buy two Phals, couldn't resist, one is a baby yet, so won't bloom till spring maybe longer and the other is in bloom but the colors are so different than any I have. I bought those to cheer up, they were inexpensive ones. The show was very nice, people as far as Calif, came to exhibit a lot of cataleyas this year, those my absoulte favorites, I would have only those if I could.`I also seem to buy one when I go to the show.

Jane - Thank you for the link, will go check it out. I think I may order a pair, I love the look of those ballet slippers and would be something I could use in the house. When I have company, I don't like wearing regular shoes and I won't wear slippers as it looks wrong, so that might just be the right answer, plus I love that delicate pink, I don't know what it is, but ballet pink is such a nice color. I could wear black pants and a black top and those pink ballet slippers when I have company since I never do a really formal dinner parties.

Armchairwoman - thank you so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes.

Bobby's Girl, I remember about your Dad, I know that was hard on you, I didn't know you were a pallative nurse, that must have been hard, I hope your friends will be ok, What stage were they? I was a IIIA, 3.5 cm 6 nodes attached, I went into a trial to get the taxotere, or I would have had to go to Plattsburgh to get it, 4 rounds ACT, DH gave me nupogen shots and I had 25 days of radio-therapy, 4 years tamaxofin and now I'm on Aromasin.

SilverVAl, may I ask what stage you were?

DH is thinking positive, my mom is crying, and 8am can't come fast enough so I can make the phone call to see when they can take me.

Bobby's Girl, it's not Ohip, the wait can be a couple of weeks or more for an appt.

What is makeing me more nervous is the wait for the appt. A lady I know found a lump it took her 2-1/2weeks to get an appt to see her doctor to get the referral paper for the mamo, another 2 or 3 weeks to get the appt at the breast clinic to get the mamo. She was a total wreck. Thankfully it wasn't, but she has to go back in feb for a followup, they are doing a wait and see, instead of just doing a biopsy, while in her mind she is at peace somewhat, I think they should have just done the biopsy now.

To everyone, once again a BIG THANK YOU, I really do believe that positive thoughts, wishes and prayers make a difference.

Well I didn't realize they only start on the phone at 8:30 first appt is at 8 but they officially open at 8:30, I called, I was given an answering machine and told to leave a message. I left a message and called back and she said well you just have to wait till someone calls you.

I said, this is cancer we are talking about, she said I know, it is a breast clinic and the dr is an oncologist, and that is the comment I get.

I'm such a wreck.

well after 3 phone calls and a lot of pressure and conversation I can go tomorrow at 10:30 am. They first started to say not before the 10th of November. I won't see my oncologist which is fine, I'll see the doctor who orignally found the cancer and does the first round of checkups when I go for the normal yearly checkup.

Now the wait till tomorrow begins.

Thanks again for all your positive energies, thoughts, and good wishes.

I really do pray this is a false alarm.

Being a 14 year survivor of breast cancer, I know right where you're coming from, Mrs. Moose! Awhile back, I found a 'lump' in my armpit & completely flipped out. Got an appointment for the next day & found out it was an 'infected sweat gland.' I exercise & sweat a lot & doctor told me to use an antibacterial soap like Dial. Whew!

Now a new wrinkle: my 27 year old daughter is having a biopsy Wed. on a lump that she found is HER breast a few weeks ago. Of course, they keep saying 'at her age' cancer is very unlikely. Well, I was 40 when I was diagnosed & I won't rest until this is over!!!

Let's all keep on keepin' on. Good luck!!

Marcia

MrsMoose- You must be beside yourself with this awful waiting! I am so glad you stuck up for yourself and insisted on an earlier appointment! Tomorrow is too long to wait, let alone ten days. Please keep us informed! We're all thinking of you.

BTW, I read an article in a ladies' magazine (Ladies Home Journal) almost a year ago. In fact, it may have been the Oct. 2004 edition since October is BC Awareness Month. It was bemoaning the long wait women have in some communities to get mammograms, even after a scare such as you're experiencing. Six weeks was not unheard of. Just ridiculous! Anyway, my DD, who is just 14, has expressed an interest in being a physician for some time now. She's young, so who knows what will come of it, but I related the information in the article to her and she has since occasionally talked of becoming a radiologist specializing in mammograms. Shedding light on these topics can do so much good!

Best wishes and good luck Mrs. Moose, and all the other survivors out there!

My one item I'll never give up is a black knit hoodie with my initial on it in pink - just like Laverne! I got it on sale at Nordstroms Rack, and wear it for yoga, around the house, and anytime I need an extra layer. I even hate to wash it, as that means I'm without it for at least a day!

Happpy Halloween,

Cathy

To MargaritaGal, congrats your 14 year surivor, and I'm so sorry your daughter has to even go through the thought of it. I can only imagine how you are feeling. You don't need me to add to your stress.

I'm sorry I even said anything. I hope and pray she will be fine and this is a false alarm for her, but she should not even have to go through this. I'm so sorry. Words don't do justice how I feel about this.

I pray that your daughter will be fine and that it's not BC.

to Land locked add znfd thank you, I will keep ya'll updated and write as soon as I can.

Thank you once again for all your good wishs and kind thoughts.

Hey Mrs. Moose, please, no apologies! We all have to stick together in this cancer thing. My theory is that we all pray for each other, think positive thoughts, and we'll get thru it.

My old faithful navy blue sweatshirt (about 15 years old) bit the dust last spring. It served me well for all those years. My friend Mary sent me a new one, also navy blue, but it's a 'Breast Cancer Awareness' sweatshirt. Hers says 'supporter' on the back & mine says 'survivor.'

My most favorite old item is an old sweatshirt that used to be my grandpa's. It's huge on me and says Czech pride. It's definitely not one I can wear out of the house, but it's perfect for just hanging around or for sleeping in.

Mrs. Moose, I'll be thinking of you. Hopefully, it's nothing and you had no reason to worry!

MargaritaGal, thank you, and please let me know what happens with your daughter, when is she going? I will pray for her.

I love the sweatshirt that your friend sent you, what a nice idea. And I agree we stick together we will get through it and hopefully find a cure. Again please let me know about your daughter.

Ehpride, thank you, most appreicated.

Everyone, thank you, all your support, prayers, positive energies and thoughts and good wishes, all means a lot to me.

How did your dr. appt. go? Please let us know, OK? We're all thinking positive thoughts & praying in our own fashion......no pun intended!

I realize that this is supposed to be a 'fashion' board but when you get a bunch of women together, the subject of breast cancer always seems to come up. Everyone knows someone who has had it. Or they've had it themselves. Or they've had a 'scare.' Everyone just remember to get that yearly mammogram & do your monthly checks. I found my lump myself when I was in the shower.

Any of you survivors have any good stories about hair/lack of hair or fashion disasters? I had a mastectomy in the middle of the summer so that was quite a challenge! Try getting the top of a 2 piece swim suit to stay in place! I had reconstruction by the following summer so things were MUCH better. Last spring I treated myself to a 'revision' of the reconstruction & I'm quite happy with the results. Hey, a lot of what I have is a little saggy but 'the girls' are lookin' perky!

Mrs. Moose, please let us know??

Oh, I'm sorry, I created a thread "update", but I'll rewrite it.

It was fine, thank the Gods & Goddesses!! and thank you for asking and thinking of me.

I went on tuesday and everything is fine, a false alarm. It was scar tissue that the nurse practioner felt. He even did a mini sonogram to reassure me, but he said since she wasn't familiar with my "girls", as it was the first time I saw her, she was just being overly cautious and covering herself too by mentioning it. So thankfully it was a false alarm.

Thank you again for asking,

Now my turn, what is happening with your daughter? Did she have her biposey? Is she ok? Please give me an update

That darned scar tissue! Something similar happened to a lady I work with.

My daughter is fine. She had the lump removed yesterday afternoon. Afterwards, the dr. said that she was 'positive' that it was just a fiberous tumor. Dr. said that if it HAD looked like anything suspicious that she would've sent it to the 'express' lab where you get the results back in 24 hours. So 'The Lump' went to the regular lab!

Darling Daughter is a little sore yet this morning but is doing fine. I stopped by her house on my way to work and the cat & the dog were both in bed with her!

Anyway glad all is well with you & thank you for asking about my daughter. Stay in touch! See you on the boards!

Archived